1. Decision to beccome a poster artist

Gigposter and Merch Design
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

1. Decision to beccome a poster artist

Post by kevron6 »

1. What event, poster, or point in time do you recall as the most influential in getting you interested in poster design and creation?

The point in time was after graduating from college and working in a tshirt shop in Nacogdoches, Texas. I worked there for several years and began to wonder if I would be doing this my whole life. The job became very depressing and I ended up losing it after a disagreement with my boss. I was one week away from getting married, had very little money and was living in East Texas with no contacts. I had made my first few silkscreen concert posters prior to leaving the job but they really weren't profitable...in fact, I actually lost money on some of those early prints. Seeing a negative number on your account balance is an eye opening experience for anyone. Despite losing money on the first few silkscreens I still wanted to pursue it. Music and art are my passions and I felt I could make it work. I got on the phone and called a number of venues around the country and things started happening. I used what little profit I made on one print to pay the printing for the next. At some point, people started catching on and the rest is history.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Re: 1. Decision to beccome a poster artist

Post by stoutr »

Ahhhh, actual ANSWERS to questions. Looking forward to this.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
higherlimits
Little People

Re: 1. Decision to beccome a poster artist

Post by higherlimits »

What cha' talkin' 'bout? we've had answers! We did a Q&A with Amber just last month! it's a once a month thingy-ma-bobber!

Just wait until our Christmas one! I have a feeling it is going to be big.