Q&A with Todd Slater

Gigposter and Merch Design
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Q&A with Todd Slater

Post by kevron6 »

White Swirl is proud to announce that Todd Slater has graciously agreed to grant members a window into everything you’ve always wanted to know but were afraid to ask.  Todd, as you already know, is a prominent artist in the world of gigposters.  He is the man that brought you the White Stripes button design record boxes, slipmats, and t-shirts, the Raconteurs 2008 poster from ACL, and most recently some incredible designs for the current Dead Weather tour along with posters for the TMR West Bizzaro popup store. He has done poster designs for almost every band out there including Neil Young, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, the Black Keys, My Morning Jacket, Nine Inch Nails, Ween, Elvis Costello, Smashing Pumpkins and the list goes on and on quite literally. Todd resides in Texas along with his wife and has been known to go to shows with Rob Jones.  It has also been rumoured that Todd taught Rob everything he knows about silk screening. White Swirl would like to thank Todd for taking time out to grant this interview.  

Please submit your questions for Todd here and we will forward them on and let him answer those of his choosing.  The cut off date for questions will be November 14th and we hope to get answers posted during November. As we have done in the past, we will let Todd pick his favourite question and the winner will receive a prize pack.  Fire away!

You can check out some of Todd’s work at http://www.toddslater.net. Aside from that already catalogued on this site, here are some examples of his outstanding design work:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: Q&A with Todd Slater

Post by 7th_son »

Note that, as always, your submission will not appear in this thread when you post it. No need to re-write it several times and keep posting it over and over.. ;)
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Just an FYI, the due date is now November 14th. We're hoping to get this done in November.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

5 days left! Thanks for all the good questions thus far!
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Well the deadline for questions is here. Thanks again to Todd for agreeing to do the interview and thanks for all the great questions. I hope to have the answers posted up within a week.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Answers are in from Todd. Great informative interview I will get the answers posted up today.
13lovemusic
Little Cream Soda

Post by 13lovemusic »

kevron6 wrote:Answers are in from Todd. Great informative interview I will get the answers posted up today.
I have Slater's day today. I got his ACL poster in the morning