redacted

elduderino
Little Ghost

redacted

Post by elduderino »

redacted
Last edited by elduderino on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he is everything i hate...
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: please make grimtale a moderator already.

Post by 7th_son »

elduderino wrote:he's a collector, knows what a DB is (not the plane-hijacker variety) and is on a mission to clean this place up.
There are a number of excellent members that would be great additions to the team and Grim is certainly one that we recognize as just that, but we don't discuss these things openly, as there is a high likelihood of offending. Thanks for your suggestion, but we would prefer these conversations take place privately. Feel free to PM or email a mod about it if you have a strong opinion.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

please don't
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Removed, I guess what I wrote could be taken wrong. It wasn't meant that way...
Grim
Last edited by Grimtale on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am everything you hate...
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Blah, removed this one too
Last edited by Grimtale on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

I think Adam, Ian, Panos and Ara do a good job around here, I would say in all my communication with them
that they come across as helpful, polite and humble.
I wouldn't say they pride themselves on fancy titles or anything of the sort.

Maybe I read your post in the wrong light Mark.................
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Yeah that was no way intended to slight our mods, they are great. I was just saying I dont need the mod status to have influence.
Mark
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Grimtale wrote:Yeah that was no way intended to slight our mods, they are great. I was just saying I dont need the mod status to have influence.
Mark
I agree 100% with this.

As for making Mark (or anyone else) a mod we've been talking about adding another, I've been largely absent for the last month though with a move across the world so the need for another mod which may have recently arisen hasn't been dealt with. Should a new mod be appointed Mark would definitely be either close to the top or at the top of that list.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I don't think the amount of mods has anything to do with how the community will act. I think that the community as a whole needs to want to make this a better place. Sure, I think the latest improvements are a great start but I don't think adding 1,2 or even 10 more mods will help in moving the community forward to a better place for collectors.

Every person reacts to situations differently and has a different opinion on what is acceptable, so because of that we will always have conflict here.There is just no way around that. Every person is entitled to their opinion. We just need to remember that we are all friends and all human beings with feelings. Knowing that there are 4 mods or 40 mods won't stop someone from voicing their opinion and sometimes taking it too far. So like I said, it comes down to each one of us here and how great or not great we want this community to be.

Yes this is a place for collectors, but it is also a place for friends and support from others. It's up to all of us, not just the ones with titles.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

With the above being said, I think everyone here has influence. If one person starts in the right direction, others are bound to follow. The same goes for anything in the wrong direction.

Edit: Just noticed these were my 1999/2000th posts. Pretty good I think...
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

arewhyehen wrote:I don't think the amount of mods has anything to do with how the community will act. I think that the community as a whole needs to want to make this a better place. Sure, I think the latest improvements are a great start but I don't think adding 1,2 or even 10 more mods will help in moving the community forward to a better place for collectors.
I suspect the additional Mods would be helpful just given the time it takes to wrangle out of control threads, police unruly posts, maintain the site, etc. Sure it's up to us to make this a "community," but I suspect there's a lot of work on the backend that we just don't see.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

dylnfan wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:I don't think the amount of mods has anything to do with how the community will act. I think that the community as a whole needs to want to make this a better place. Sure, I think the latest improvements are a great start but I don't think adding 1,2 or even 10 more mods will help in moving the community forward to a better place for collectors.
I suspect the additional Mods would be helpful just given the time it takes to wrangle out of control threads, police unruly posts, maintain the site, etc. Sure it's up to us to make this a "community," but I suspect there's a lot of work on the backend that we just don't see.
This is true. Also, it's not a matter of the absolute number of mods, it's a matter of how present they are and how much of the time. The quicker a derailed thread is put back in its place, the less likely it is to spiral and spill over to other places and precipitate further problems. What I'm trying to say is that more important than the number of mods, is perhaps how much time they happen to have to take away from real life to help out here at a given time, that tends to fluctuate wildly from person to person and from period of time to period of time. We are constantly assessing these kinds of things and recently, some mods have been quite busy with life things.