First Posts

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

First Posts

Post by Stl_ben »

I was wondering if it was possible to make it where new members first posts had to be in the introduction thread? Then Possibly first 10-20 after that was restricted to specific other threads. It appears that Blunderbuss like each previous new release has brought a flood of new postees that can't behave or immediately start by trying to sell. I know that at least one other forum I previously was on had similar restrictions for new members...well it's just an idea. Your thoughts?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
mojoryan
Little People

Re: First Posts

Post by mojoryan »

Stl_ben wrote:I was wondering if it was possible to make it where new members first posts had to be in the introduction thread? Then Possibly first 10-20 after that was restricted to specific other threads. It appears that Blunderbuss like each previous new release has brought a flood of new postees that can't behave or immediately start by trying to sell. I know that at least one other forum I previously was on had similar restrictions for new members...well it's just an idea. Your thoughts?
+1 Great idea.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

mojoryan wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:I was wondering if it was possible to make it where new members first posts had to be in the introduction thread? Then Possibly first 10-20 after that was restricted to specific other threads. It appears that Blunderbuss like each previous new release has brought a flood of new postees that can't behave or immediately start by trying to sell. I know that at least one other forum I previously was on had similar restrictions for new members...well it's just an idea. Your thoughts?
+1 Great idea.
+2
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I suggested this ages ago....newbies restricted from the sales and ISO forums until they have 50 posts. Offset Guitar forum has this rule for this very reason.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

rsimms3 wrote:I suggested this ages ago....newbies restricted from the sales and ISO forums until they have 50 posts. Offset Guitar forum has this rule for this very reason.
50 might be a bit high. If someone is really wanting to sell, they will just flood the board with bs posts to reach the amount required.
greggo
Little Bird

Post by greggo »

What's if some dude has some rare-ass record and wants to sell it to someone here before trying ebay - you're making it hard for the hyperthetical helpful dude!
*I am not selling anything
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

greggo wrote:What's if some dude has some rare-ass record and wants to sell it to someone here before trying ebay - you're making it hard for the hyperthetical helpful dude!
Then they can at least say hi first...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

greggo wrote:What's if some dude has some rare-ass record and wants to sell it to someone here before trying ebay - you're making it hard for the hyperthetical helpful dude!
I don't think that the first posters who come here and try to sell things at outrageous prices are "helpful" at all. If that's what they are doing then they might as well go to eBay. With the amount of flippers now days, there isn't really such thing as a "rare-ass" record.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

I dunno. I've secretly enjoyed watching the baptisms by fire. As a MOD can I say that out loud?
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Newbies should be forced to sell at cost
Plus 500%
No posts other than in the Iso and Merch
Threads and seperate posts for each item
Once they get 10 feedbacks they get to post
in other areas
;-)
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

anonymousbrunette wrote:I dunno. I've secretly enjoyed watching the baptisms by fire. As a MOD can I say that out loud?
:lol: Tom Jones was singin' 'bout YOU, wasn't he?
...words to live by.
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

Something tells me that some would not be happy no matter what was done.
Just sayin...
Why would it matter where a newbie posted and what if they dont want to just say hi.
What is the issue here? We all can make decisions as to the best way to proceed.
And who should say. I agree with ara great fun to read the trial by fire
Sounds a bit facist to me restricting posts.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

What about that guy whose only posts on here were selling the 3RPM and HP HYFTH? I'm certainly not for chasing people like that away just because they don't want to chit chat. Think the board as a whole does a good job of straightening out the newbies that don't behave appropriately. I too enjoy the initiations.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

cwja wrote:What about that guy whose only posts on here were selling the 3RPM and HP HYFTH? I'm certainly not for chasing people like that away just because they don't want to chit chat. Think the board as a whole does a good job of straightening out the newbies that don't behave appropriately. I too enjoy the initiations.
Alright...you guys have wore me down; I see you point, Chris. I still think there should be a post minimum though. Hell, the mere mention of having a 3rpm to part with- posted in ANY thread -would elicit pm's anyway.
...words to live by.
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

I just dont see where it matters who or what.
everybody started out in the 0 column with no restrictions.
I lurked for a long time before posting.
Some of you probably wish I was still lurking
Well I guess I have sorta
I am sure the recent influx of new faces in line
also explains the new faces here
But does that make them any more or any less than the rest