Post by trickster »

Damn it1
They can fool captcha too?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Re: Spammers

Post by barrowc »

We're seeing a bit more spam activity than usual over on The Little Room even with reCaptcha turned on. We've turned on the Invision Spam Monitoring Service* and set up a very simple question for any new registrations to answer. Hopefully that will help matters.

*I don't know if phpBB has anything similar but Invision/IP.Board have a community based anti-spam service now (details at http://community.invisionpower.com/blog ... tatistics/). Any Invision board signed up to the service can flag a specific account as being a spammer. If enough boards flag someone then their email and IP go on a blacklist for every Invision board using the service. If enough boards use it then it should cut the useful life of any given spam email/IP down to almost nothing. I think that even though it's an Invision thing they should consider working with phpBB and vBulletin and have a co-ordinated spammers list between them.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

We now have a question that new users have to answer. the question is "Who is the front man of The White Stripes" should work out I hope...
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

higherlimits wrote:We now have a question that new users have to answer. the question is "Who is the front man of The White Stripes" should work out I hope...
Simple and hopefully effective. Now, as long as we all don't go TELLING everyone that it's Jack Black, we're golden! ;)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

mojoryan wrote:
higherlimits wrote:We now have a question that new users have to answer. the question is "Who is the front man of The White Stripes" should work out I hope...
Simple and hopefully effective. Now, as long as we all don't go TELLING everyone that it's Jack Black, we're golden! ;)
Dammit, I thought it was Jackie Brown. All this time I thought this was a Tarantino fansite?
So that's why none of my posts make any sense!
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

icdvet wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
Dammit, I thought it was Jackie Brown. All this time I thought this was a Tarantino fansite?
So that's why none of my posts make any sense!
Ahh Pam...

"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo