Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post Reply
User avatar
anonymousbrunette
Little People
Posts: 3759
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:01 am
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by anonymousbrunette » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:55 pm

7th_son wrote:Warnings are on the way, posts have been removed. If I see this topic come up again from the same people, you're done here. It might not be "fair", but it's for the best interest of the forum, and that's what this is about.
I love it when Adam gets mad. You have awoken a sleeping giant.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org

elduderino
Little Ghost
Posts: 3004
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by elduderino » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:09 pm

7th_son wrote:Warnings are on the way, posts have been removed. If I see this topic come up again from the same people, you're done here. It might not be "fair", but it's for the best interest of the forum, and that's what this is about.
what topic do you mean, exactly?
he is everything i hate...

User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by 7th_son » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:13 pm

elduderino wrote:
7th_son wrote:Warnings are on the way, posts have been removed. If I see this topic come up again from the same people, you're done here. It might not be "fair", but it's for the best interest of the forum, and that's what this is about.
what topic do you mean, exactly?
The subject being discussed between DeeBee and theradicaleclectic in a number of places. Anyway, it's dead here.

User avatar
rival
Little Ghost
Posts: 2084
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
Location: Toronto-ish

Re: Forum improvements

Post by rival » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:26 am

Let me prefix this by saying I'm not pissed off in anyway. I realize a mod's job is a tedious one and can get really annoying at times. I just wanted to make a suggestion;

If the mods feel the need to delete someone's post, maybe they could PM that member afterwards as to why it was deleted? Just a suggestion.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.

User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Forum improvements

Post by 7th_son » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:17 am

rival wrote:Let me prefix this by saying I'm not pissed off in anyway. I realize a mod's job is a tedious one and can get really annoying at times. I just wanted to make a suggestion;

If the mods feel the need to delete someone's post, maybe they could PM that member afterwards as to why it was deleted? Just a suggestion.
95% of the time it is because it was part of an off-topic dialogue on it's way to nowheresville. 5% of the time it's because someone was overtly an asshole to someone else. Apologies if something of yours fell into that first part recently.

Jettkoral
Little People
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:59 pm
Location: Location, Location!

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by Jettkoral » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:21 am

No more fighting.

Jettkoral
Little People
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:59 pm
Location: Location, Location!

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by Jettkoral » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:17 pm

HEY FOLKS!
I've realized that I'm a really big dick on the internet. I need to get out of here before I become a bigger jerk, so I've decided to no longer post on White Swirl. FOR REAL THIS TIME!
I just gotta get away and I can't be hounded by negativity. Rejoice if you wish.
I'm just too young to be ruining my teenage years stuck on some forum! Haha. I'll still respond to PM's and lurk sometimes.

PEACE AND LOVE, SERIOUSLY! IT'S BEEN A FUN JOURNEY, AND I LOVE SHARING IT WITH MANY OF YOU :D
JARRETT J. JETTKORAL ESQ.


User avatar
Hamptonio
Little Ghost
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:45 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by Hamptonio » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Jettkoral wrote:HEY FOLKS!
I've realized that I'm a really big dick on the internet. I need to get out of here before I become a bigger jerk, so I've decided to no longer post on White Swirl. FOR REAL THIS TIME!
I just gotta get away and I can't be hounded by negativity. Rejoice if you wish.
I'm just too young to be ruining my teenage years stuck on some forum! Haha. I'll still respond to PM's and lurk sometimes.

PEACE AND LOVE, SERIOUSLY! IT'S BEEN A FUN JOURNEY, AND I LOVE SHARING IT WITH MANY OF YOU :D
JARRETT J. JETTKORAL ESQ.

who else is dancin on their office desk?
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.

User avatar
Obliquitous
Little Acorn
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 11:24 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by Obliquitous » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Never woulda thought Jett sent himself to the cornfield in the end... What a twist
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."

User avatar
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant
Posts: 7265
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:48 pm
Location: st louis missouri
Contact:

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by Stl_ben » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Are we expecting this to last any longer than the 27 other drop outs?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net

bkramer10
Little Ghost
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by bkramer10 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Stl_ben wrote:Are we expecting this to last any longer than the 27 other drop outs?
Hope so

User avatar
shaneoftheroad
Little People
Posts: 4827
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Owensboro, KY

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by shaneoftheroad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Am I the last person on planet Swirl who actually likes having Jett around? haha Jett, do what you gotta do man. Not sure if leaving in an official fashion is the best way to go but we all have to make our own decisions. Godspeed, old boy.

User avatar
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant
Posts: 7369
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:42 am

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by Kali Durga » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 pm

shaneoftheroad wrote:Am I the last person on planet Swirl that actually likes having Jett around?
No, you're not, I think he's a good egg. I try my darnedest to stay out of this sort of stuff and I'm not going to defend any behavior of Jarrett's that people may have found annoying because we all have our own individual pet peeves, but I gotta ask... Can anyone on this forum truly say that they were a model of maturity and sensibility when they were in their mid-teens?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."

User avatar
JonnyH
Little Ghost
Posts: 1886
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by JonnyH » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 pm

shaneoftheroad wrote:Am I the last person on planet Swirl who actually likes having Jett around? haha Jett, do what you gotta do man. Not sure if leaving in an official fashion is the best way to go but we all have to make our own decisions. Godspeed, old boy.
He doesn't bother me at all. I've bought a few things from him, and he's always been civil enough to me in threads.

I guess he got his Henry & June and doesn't need anything else from us. ;)

TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by TwinkleLights » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Kali Durga wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Am I the last person on planet Swirl that actually likes having Jett around?
No, you're not, I think he's a good egg. I try my darnedest to stay out of this sort of stuff and I'm not going to defend any behavior of Jarrett's that people may have found annoying because we all have our own individual pet peeves
+1

Post Reply