Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by anonymousbrunette »

This is ridiculous. Ban the trolls and super vain and there's no one left to make us feel normal and self-righteous.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

am i a troll or a super vain? super vain troll? do i troll the super vein? hell, can i be a super troll? should i take jack's name in vain? does everyone like the song blue veins?

stupidest thread ever, but i'm glad i posted in it!
he is everything i hate...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

elduderino wrote:am i a troll or a super vain? super vain troll? do i troll the super vein? hell, can i be a super troll? should i take jack's name in vain? does everyone like the song blue veins?

LOL! Trolling the Super vein. That's gonna stick.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
elduderino wrote:am i a troll or a super vain? super vain troll? do i troll the super vein? hell, can i be a super troll? should i take jack's name in vain? does everyone like the song blue veins?

LOL! Trolling the Super vein. That's gonna stick.
slapwow!
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

anonymousbrunette
Little People

Well that's a little disturbing. :lol:

My ISO/FS/FT List
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Meh. Should have been Howie Mandel.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

rsimms3 wrote:Meh. Should have been Howie Mandel.
doesn't matter. any pic of the lovely christina hendricks, while mad men is on this prolonged hiatus, is certainly welcome by me...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

interesting that the issue is not in any way an isolated incidence ... i say ban mirrors and bridges because they are the source of all the pretension of getting along
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Kaber wrote: Forum improvements:
Please ban the trolls and super vain
Thank you
:lol: Cool post.
I can appreciate that sentiment, given how many topics I've seen get derailed into nonsense and nastiness. But bans seem unnecessary. Maybe just a little more 'troll control'? Or a Troll Control Patrol?
love_islander wrote:does this count as a troll?
No. But I would say that the following counts as a troll:
love_islander wrote: ^Alright already, settle down.
. . .
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=6406
theeradicaleclectic wrote:interesting that the issue is not in any way an isolated incidence ... i say ban mirrors and bridges because they are the source of all the pretension of getting along
As so often happens, I have not a single blinking idea what you're trying to say here, and I doubt that anyone else does either. For the record, though, I don't think of you as a troll. I think of you more as a trial, or a travail, or a travesty or a tribulation; or maybe all of the above. ('Train wreck' might work too.) At least sometimes. Much of what you tend to go on about is as clear as mud, and trying to sort it out is like wading into quicksand. But it does add a kind of interesting texture to the forum. And when occasional bits and pieces of your verbal flotsam and jetsam happen to bobble up above the mud line, it can even be relevant and astute. You're clearly a clever and intelligent person who thinks about stuff in some depth, so that's not the problem. The problem with your usual modes of communication is that your thoughts appear to be streaming from your own personal SETI channel. I would like to suggest that you start striving unceasingly to Be More Obvious. Because if you don't, then nobody will ever really hear whatever it is that you're trying to say.

Add: Oh, wait - something about 'bridges' because in folklore that's where trolls hide, under bridges? See, that's an instance where you could have just made the connection explicit, and not just left it as a big 'WTF?' in our heads. And even if that is the connection you were going for, it's still not at all clear just where you were going with it. As in: what is 'bridge' a metaphor for, and etc. Mud and more mud. Just sayin'. I think you often have interesting things to say, if only you possessed the ability and the inclination to actually say them.
Last edited by DeeBee on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

elduderino wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Meh. Should have been Howie Mandel.
doesn't matter. any pic of the lovely christina hendricks, while mad men is on this prolonged hiatus, is certainly welcome by me...
Agreed. She's freaking gorgeous.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I wonder if Dee Bee and DBcooper are one in the same?
hmmmm
I am everything you hate...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

i wondered that too but i believe that Dee Bee is Dehlia from the Little Room ... She talks to me as if she knows me and when I was in the little room she did make a big effort to message me and get to know me but her emails were far too opinionated for me to continue the exchange

not to say that i do not respect Dee Bee for her obvious ability to ration out reason ... i just personally discourage lots of 'socializing' on the net

yes i know what my own faults are thank you
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I was only referring to the play on the name. Honestly, i haven't paid enough attention to either of their post to draw any other similarities, so infer nothing from this.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

similarities and differences

the way i see the situation is that you and i can maintain boundaries and discuss things with civility... i commented only because i thought the same exact thing this morning myself and found it odd that you mentioned it ... i make nothing of such observations and hypotheticals either

i see DbCooper as different from DeeBee relative to the amount of text posted but otherwise the humor is the same... either way i do not find them unpleasant despite the weird 'i am me and you are me' shit that has been going on ... the way i see it is that nobody is me and thats that

people here and in the little room run around with lots of different accounts and alias activity which i feel is really just unhealthy