Board Maintenance

rival
Little Ghost

Re: Board Maintenance

Post by rival »

Is there a way to ignore an entire thread? I use the "View Unread Posts" option when I'm on here but there's a few threads I have no desire to be a part of but unless I clear all topics, those ones I try to ignore remain at the top.

Just wondering if there's a way to go into a thread and mark it so that I don't ever see it in the forum topics.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

haha, nope, there's no way to do that.. no add-ons that I could find either..
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

for awhile now my control panel says "0 new messages", even when I have new messages... just me or is this a known issue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Board Maintenance

Post by Alabama Woody »

Is there an easy way to add pictures like on Facebook. Where you can take a pic with your phone and add it to the thread?
Instead of having to go through photo bucket?
That would be awesome!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Alabama Woody wrote:Is there an easy way to add pictures like on Facebook. Where you can take a pic with your phone and add it to the thread?
That would be awesome!
yes with the Tapatalk app if you have an iphone...
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

bh1644 wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Is there an easy way to add pictures like on Facebook. Where you can take a pic with your phone and add it to the thread?
That would be awesome!
Whenever I try to add a picture with tapatalk it says " it was not possible to determine the dementions of the image". Gave up on the app because of this a while ago.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

bh1644 wrote:for awhile now my control panel says "0 new messages", even when I have new messages... just me or is this a known issue?
It tells you that when there are none that you have seen. So if you open your inbox and have 10 unread messages it notes that you have seen them but decided not to open them. So they're still unread but they're not 'new'.

I prefer it like this as I have about 120 unread messages clogging up my inbox but 0 'new messages' because I've seen them there.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Thanks for fixing the PMs so the whole PM message shows up in emails.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

gdm wrote:
bh1644 wrote:
That would be awesome!
Whenever I try to add a picture with tapatalk it says " it was not possible to determine the dementions of the image". Gave up on the app because of this a while ago.
Well, no wonder you've got a problem if you're trying to post demented images.

Sorry, I can't help with that issue. I just wanted to say that.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

Kali Durga wrote:
gdm wrote:
bh1644 wrote:
That would be awesome!
Well, no wonder you've got a problem if you're trying to post demented images.

Sorry, I can't help with that issue. I just wanted to say that.
:lol: oops. Haha you got me there. I meant dimensions. BTW I was reading a book about animals to my daughter and the two baby tigers in the book are named Kali and Durga. Coincidence or is that where your screen name came from?
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

higherlimits wrote:
bh1644 wrote:for awhile now my control panel says "0 new messages", even when I have new messages... just me or is this a known issue?
It tells you that when there are none that you have seen. So if you open your inbox and have 10 unread messages it notes that you have seen them but decided not to open them. So they're still unread but they're not 'new'.

I prefer it like this as I have about 120 unread messages clogging up my inbox but 0 'new messages' because I've seen them there.
well it tells me 0 even before I have seen them, maybe it's the Tapatalk plugin for chrome that is "seeing" them... will disable it and see...
thanks
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

gdm wrote:BTW I was reading a book about animals to my daughter and the two baby tigers in the book are named Kali and Durga. Coincidence or is that where your screen name came from?
Kali and Durga are two female manifestations of the Hindu god, Shiva. Parts of each of their mythologies are meaningful to me, so I use their names as a reminder of what they represent. What was the book you were reading?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

The picture resizer doesn't seem to work. Added an external linked pic to my FS thread and it is getting cut off instead of resized with the little green box to pop it out and make it bigger. That's right, I want it to pop out and get bigger.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Yeah, I miss that, too.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

This is all just a ploy for people to realize all the changes I've made to the site :)