Actual Website Improvements

Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Re: Actual Website Improvements

Post by Scheckywhite »

Feedback feature is da bomb :)
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

There are a couple things that I have seen at other sites that might be of interest here.

1. Trade/Sale section is hidden until a user reaches a certain number of posts in the other areas of the board. User gets a warning if posts to reach number are "spam".
2. Have a sticky in the trade/sale section with links to PayPal calculator and other resources. Also in this sticky, a trade/sale template. Brian at TapersSection created one for that community and looks really nice. I have used it a few times and takes most everything that comes up in a trade/sale into account.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

The View your submitted message link after posting a reply to a topic doesnt work.
Instead of redirecting to the posted message it redirects to the main forum page
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

rsimms3 wrote:There are a couple things that I have seen at other sites that might be of interest here.

1. Trade/Sale section is hidden until a user reaches a certain number of posts in the other areas of the board. User gets a warning if posts to reach number are "spam".
2. Have a sticky in the trade/sale section with links to PayPal calculator and other resources. Also in this sticky, a trade/sale template. Brian at TapersSection created one for that community and looks really nice. I have used it a few times and takes most everything that comes up in a trade/sale into account.

... i can't actually see the trade/sale section so I can't see what that template looks like...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I'll bring it over, you have to be registered at TS to see the Yard Sale forum.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Template by acidjack from TapersSection. It can be tweeked in different ways, including for trades and tailored for condition of records etc.

Code: Select all

AUDIO EQUIPMENT PURCHASE AGREEMENT

AUDIO EQUIPMENT PURCHASE AGREEMENT (this “Agreement”), dated [date], by and between [Buyer name], residing at [buyer address] ("Buyer") and [Seller name], residing at [fill in address] ("Seller"). 

Recitals

Buyer wishes to purchase from Seller, and Seller wishes to sell to Buyer:

ß [mics, etc]  
ß [if it includes mics, define as the “Microphones”]

(together, the “Equipment”)

Agreement

1. Purchase and Sale.  Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Seller agrees to sell, assign, and convey the Equipment, and Buyer agrees to accept delivery of the Equipment, at a purchase price equal to [price in words] United States Dollars ($[price]) (the “Purchase Price”).  

2. Delivery.  Upon the execution of this Agreement, Buyer shall deliver the Purchase Price, via wire transfer or PayPal transfer of immediately available funds, to Seller.  Upon receipt of the Purchase Price, Seller agrees to deliver the Equipment to Buyer via U.S. Mail, UPS, Federal Express, or another parcel carrier to be approved by the parties.  Seller assumes all responsibility for the safe delivery of the Equipment, including without limitation any insurance or delivery confirmation charges.  Seller agrees to deposit the Equipment with one of the above-named parcel carriers no later than two (2) business days from the date of receipt of the Purchase Price.

3. Fees and Expenses.  Seller shall bear all costs of delivery.  Buyer shall bear all costs incurred as a result of the use of PayPal or any other electronic payment system. 

4. Representations and Warranties.  Seller represents and warrants that:

a. Seller has good and valid title to the Equipment and has all necessary authority to sell, assign and convey the Equipment to Buyer.
b. Seller acquired the Microphones from [     ], and the Microphones have had no owners other than Seller subsequent to such purchase. [revise as necessary] 
c. The Microphones are in excellent cosmetic condition, free of scratches and other obvious signs of wear and tear.   
d. [include any other specific details that are important to you - e.g., identity of previous owners, condition of the various items, etc.] 
e. The Microphones function in a manner substantially similar to [brand/make/model] microphones purchased new from their manufacturer and are capable in their present condition of capturing musical performances and other sounds according to their original specifications.  The Microphones have not been damaged or repaired since the date they were acquired by Seller.  
f. The Equipment other than the Microphones is in working condition, though such Equipment may contain cosmetic wear and tear. [revise as appropriate]

5. Review Period. Seller will provide five (5) business days from the date of receipt of the Equipment for the Buyer to verify contents and condition (the “Review Period”).  If the contents and condition of the Equipment are not as represented in Section 4 above, Buyer shall immediately deliver the Equipment to Seller at Buyer’s sole expense, in the same condition in which it was sent.  Within one business day of receipt of the returned Equipment,  and verifying the contents and condition of the returned Equipment,  Seller shall refund the Purchase Price in full, but not shipping and insurance costs.  Buyer shall make no use of the Microphones during the Review Period other than to verify contents and condition.

6. Survival.  The representations and warranties shall survive for a period of [one] year from the date hereof.

7. Counterparts.  This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, all of which together shall constitute one instrument.  This Agreement may be executed electronically and shall be considered validly executed so long as delivered with indication of offer and acceptance among the electronic mail addresses set forth in the notice provision of Section 8.

8. Notice.   All notices and deliveries hereunder shall be made to the following addresses:

If to Buyer:
[name]
[address]
[address] 
[e-mail]
[phone]

If to Seller:
[name]
[address]
[address] 
[e-mail]
[phone]

9. Governing Law.  This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to conflict of laws principles.  

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have executed this Agreement as of the date first written above.

BUYER:

________________________ [if electronic signature type “/s/ [Buyer name]”
[Buyer name]

SELLER:

________________________  [if electronic signature type “/s/ [Seller name]”
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

Is there any way that the mini-chat on the main forum page can be made to not auto-update every 5 seconds
(or at least be configurable) ??

It's sending my real-time AV scanner absolutely bonkers.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I just changed it to 10 seconds.. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to have it dependant on the user.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Not sure what everyone else thinks - but I wish the login boxes were still at the top of the board index screen, as now I have to scroll down to log in. Just a little thing, not too big of a deal I guess.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Yeah, guests can now view the board so that's why the first page has changed, you used to have to log in before you could see the forums. I can move that to the top though, not today though as I don't have access to the internet except for on my phone.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Two things:

Can we have a Rant and Rave section where folks can post their 'haven't got x' / 'have got x' posts
and mods delete those kind of posts elsewhere

If you want folks to use database maybe the whats up on eBay thread should go?
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Kaber wrote:Two things:

Can we have a Rant and Rave section where folks can post their 'haven't got x' / 'have got x' posts

I know it is a pain in the arse, but this is a forum for discussion; and in reality it's a topic that is common and probably a concern to a lot. If you stayed clear of the vault threads and the what's up on ebay thread, you'd have much less dramas...
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

love_islander wrote:
Kaber wrote:Two things:

I know it is a pain in the arse, but this is a forum for discussion; and in reality it's a topic that is common and probably a concern to a lot. If you stayed clear of the vault threads and the what's up on ebay thread, you'd have much less dramas...
Seeing the same post over and over again is dull - it is not discussion - folks may be posting about the quality of the releases - but such gems for discussion are being lost and you can't see the wood for the trees.
I know there are others who feels this way.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Jumble Jumble is essentially Rant and Rave, just a different name for a forum about nothing...

As for those posts, I agree that they're annoying, more so months later when everyone has received everything and you're looking through an old thread..

I'll see what I can do about it..
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Well, I just split out the Vault #6 topic and it took about 10 minutes for one topic... now to do the other 1000...