17. Opinion on Flippers

Soledad Brother
stoutr
Little Ghost

Re: 17. Opinion on Flippers

Post by stoutr »

harvestgirl wrote:making a buck while helping.. lol ~ nice rationalization.

sorry, flippers think about no one but themselves & the $ they can make, they don't do it for other people.
You are right, they don't. But, from my point of view, they help me. For example: Signing up for Sub Pop Subscription Club #3, I get interrupted during check out and then forget to sign up for a few weeks. By that time, all subscriptions are sold out and I have to spend 5 or 10 times what I should have getting all of the singles over the next 12 months. Blah.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
plantersman
Little Cream Soda

Post by plantersman »

sorry, flippers think about no one but themselves & the $ they can make, they don't do it for other people.
that may be true, but you can't ignore the fact that flipping make these limited items available to people that want them and can't get them otherwise. sure flippers are out to make a profit, but if the buyer is willing to pay that much for an item they really want, it's a win for both parties.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

plantersman wrote:

that may be true, but you can't ignore the fact that flipping make these limited items available to people that want them and can't get them otherwise. sure flippers are out to make a profit, but if the buyer is willing to pay that much for an item they really want, it's a win for both parties.
until you have to start hiding from the bank man...
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

plantersman wrote: that may be true, but you can't ignore the fact that flipping make these limited items available to people that want them and can't get them otherwise. sure flippers are out to make a profit, but if the buyer is willing to pay that much for an item they really want, it's a win for both parties.
i guess i just see it differently. a flipper does not go in to it w/ good intentions..." oh hey man, i'll buy 5 so i can offer these to those otherwise unable to get them" a flipper thinks "hell yeah man, there are suckers out there who will pay out the ass for this shit, i'm buying 5!" :lol:

see, there IS a difference.

and i don't think buying 2-3 of something & offering them here @ cost is flipping. i think buying multiples w/ the intention to make a profit ( whether or not providing for others) is flipping.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
plantersman
Little Cream Soda

Post by plantersman »

harvestgirl wrote:
plantersman wrote: that may be true, but you can't ignore the fact that flipping make these limited items available to people that want them and can't get them otherwise. sure flippers are out to make a profit, but if the buyer is willing to pay that much for an item they really want, it's a win for both parties.
i guess i just see it differently. a flipper does not go in to it w/ good intentions..." oh hey man, i'll buy 5 so i can offer these to those otherwise unable to get them" a flipper thinks "hell yeah man, there are suckers out there who will pay out the ass for this shit, i'm buying 5!" :lol:

see, there IS a difference.

and i don't think buying 2-3 of something & offering them here @ cost is flipping. i think buying multiples w/ the intention to make a profit ( whether or not providing for others) is flipping.
yes, flippers are probably only out there for profit. but if i'm willing to pay $300 for an item, I'm not going to care about the sellers intentions ....i just want the item for $300. :P
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

supply and demand
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I wish someone would 'flip' me a HP Lafayette. Seems the demand exceeds the supply by a few thousand fold...
Hurry, someone jump in the time machine, roll back 10 years or so and buy me one for $6 at the Gold Dollar...
I'll be happy to be ripped off by your 10,000% mark up and pay $600 for it....

I hate flippers but at the same time my collection of Tri-colors would be non-existent without them.
It's kinda like loving police officers and hating criminals.... Think about it, without criminals, we would have no police officers.
Isn't that irony...

-Grimtale
I am everything you hate...
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

7th_son wrote:Image
Damn! A man who is as big of a RATM fan as I am!
I think his name might be Tom Jones...
-Grim
I am everything you hate...
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Grimtale wrote: Damn! A man who is as big of a RATM fan as I am!
-Grim
NWA
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

you are feeding the machine man!!

:lol:
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Hate them or love them it will never stop.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Grimtale wrote:
7th_son wrote:Image
Damn! A man who is as big of a RATM fan as I am!
-Grim
Get in line Grim... I have Evil Boy tatooed on my shoulder. I never got to see them back in the day, i was raising small childern and could not get away. So when they got back together to tour in 07, the closest show to me was Rock The Bells @ Randells Island NYC..We were do to fly out of Buffalo to NYC on the Friday,day before the show..Long story short,flight was to leave Buffalo at 1pm. Finally flight was cancelled at 7pm, tickets bought, hotel booked, no choice but to drive.. 9 hours later pulled into the Hilton across from Ground Zero at 4am. There is way more to story. I came home and got the tat, so I could remember this great concert event. Then went to Lollapalozza 08 to see them again, much better trip.. When and if they tour again ,I will be there. RATM shows are too intense to even describe, so I wont even try.. :twisted: I would load a pic of my tat ,but for some reason the option doesn't appear in this forum????
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Nope, I'm not paying for the bandwidth for you to upload photos here. you can upload it on photobucket and link it.