32. Researching References for Posters

at Animal Rummy
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

32. Researching References for Posters

Post by kevron6 »

Your images are very detailed and layered with SO many different meanings and pop culture/historical references. The Raconteurs "little cowboys"/NSS series come to mind as being particularly complex. How much time do you spend researching and designing the images before they go to print? Also how do you keep track of all the references you make and cross references between all of the images? It seems like it would be so hard to keep straight after a while!
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Researching References for Posters

Post by kevron6 »

Rob Jones: I spent a lot of time up front working out what would happen (the storyline) so I could have symbolic elements that call back to each other (like fire and water symbols).

I’ve been casually studying that stuff for a long time so it’s not terribly hard to keep straight (for now). However, I do keep notes for each one just in case I forget an idea of what to bring over for later posters.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.