27. Movie Posters Rob Would Like To Design

at Animal Rummy
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

27. Movie Posters Rob Would Like To Design

Post by kevron6 »

If you could design any film poster(s) past or present, what would you choose and why?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Movie Posters Rob Would Like To Design

Post by kevron6 »

Rob Jones: Cruising because I have a great cliché idea for it. I had an opportunity to do one for Alamo, but other deadlines forced me to pass the job on to Jeff Kleinsmith whom I decided would be someone I’d really want to see a Cruising poster from. Jeff didn’t disappoint.

Maybe “The Man Who Fell to Earth” too as I’m not a big fan of the primary artwork used for it (although I love the Japanese poster and the photographic one that later became the cover for Bowie’s “Low”.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: Movie Posters Rob Would Like To Design

Post by 7th_son »

I watched this film last weekend. It's a tricky one, definitely should be seen.
kevron6 wrote:Rob Jones: Cruising because I have a great cliché idea for it. I had an opportunity to do one for Alamo, but other deadlines forced me to pass the job on to Jeff Kleinsmith whom I decided would be someone I’d really want to see a Cruising poster from. Jeff didn’t disappoint.

That would be this one by Kleinsmith:

Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Re: 27. Movie Posters Rob Would Like To Design

Post by harvestgirl »

i'd say he chose that crazy asian ish font of the rac's posters to resemble the lettering in that poster.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

harvestgirl wrote:i'd say he chose that crazy asian ish font of the rac's posters to resemble the lettering in that poster.
Godd observation I never put that one together, well I never have seen that poster until Kaber posted the picture either.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Yeah serisouly nice call there. I think you might be onto something.