20. Visual Aesthetic's

at Animal Rummy
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

20. Visual Aesthetic's

Post by kevron6 »

Can you comment on the point at which a bands visual aesthetic begins to take on a life of its own? Particularly with your work for The White Stripes, it's very clear that your 'vision' for the imagery surrounding their music has become a force of its own. Is the assumption correct that your initial ideas for imagery would have come from listening to their music or did certain visual ideas you had already just 'fit'?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Visual Aesthetic's

Post by kevron6 »

Rob Jones: The White Stripes had an established visual aesthetic before I did any work for them. I’m not sure it’s taken on a life of it’s own. I don’t think too many folks wear White Stripes shirts that aren’t fans as opposed to people wearing Iron Maiden apparel because they think Eddie looks cool.

Imagery generally comes from the music and magazine interviews and how it interacts with what’s already in the skull.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.