17 - Detroit 2005 Poster Set

20 + 1 Questions with Ben!
MegBot3000
Site Admin

17 - Detroit 2005 Poster Set

Post by MegBot3000 »

What did you think of the Detroit 05 poster set in which Rob Jones used your postcard collection for building templates?
WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
subpopfan1
Pinball Wizard

Re: 17 - Detroit 2005 Poster Set

Post by subpopfan1 »

I've still never seen this poster set in person. To be fair, Rob had already collected a fair amount of Detroit post cards before consulting me. I lucked out a couple of years ago on eBay and bought a massive lot of Detroit post cards for the mere thought that I would never find so many in the same place again. I think it totaled in upwards of 1200 pieces. Granted there were lots of duplicates, but it was still a pretty sweet haul that left a huge smile on my face. When Rob called he had a few specific buildings he was looking for images of...ones that had eluded him online or wherever. I pulled them out of my collection with ease. He was also pretty jazzed on my Hotel Yorba post card so much so that he used it for a pretty straight repro on the Chicago poster for that tour. Coupling four of my favorite things - the White Stripes, post cards, Detroit and silk-screened concert posters - is a pretty impressive coup if you ask me.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: 17 - Detroit 2005 Poster Set

Post by 7th_son »

The Yorba poster is really really nice in person. The paper is some kind of linen type which makes it feel and look a bit like a huge postcard. Ben, you need to see the Detroit spotlight in person, it's a fucking masterpiece.