Vancouver on Friday the 21st

Coming soon...
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Vancouver on Friday the 21st

Post by LaurieAK »

I stuck this on the littleroom this morning because there was already a Vancouver thread started. I went both nights and had early entry both nights which was a huge plus to standing in line. Very special 8-) Maybe I'll write more about night two...or maybe it will all just end up on my blog...Here is a paste of the LR post:

This concert fucking rocked!!
More?
The venue is amazing.
Standing on the rolling dance floor with music vibrating your bones and shattering your ears and the contact high of ample pot and the strobe lights altering reality and Jack White's hair on drums and Alison being the most bad-ass female lead EVER and the theatrical stage set-up being done by roadies in bowler hats and the trademark big-shouldered jackets moving around stage, methodically, to music with a steady-something-big-is-gonna-happen beat, moving slowly on and off stage through the barely lit and highly fogged Stage.
They came out playing as if being shot out of a cannon, the net of energy transforming everyone in the building. It fucking rocked.
Helluva of a first rock concert, ever.
There was a diverse crowd, age-wise. At 50, my friend and I were not the oldest there, so if anyone else has hesitated because it seems a 'youthful' endeavour. Fuggedaboudit and just go.
Early entry was a huge blessing. Thank you The Vault!
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: Vancouver on Friday the 21st

Post by 7th_son »

Glad you had a good time Laurie, first concert ever, wow, you have a lot to catch up on!
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Re: Vancouver on Friday the 21st

Post by LaurieAK »

Thanks!
And no kidding. It took me long enough...it was worth the wait.