Dead Weather Risen Again....

Coming soon...
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: Dead Weather Risen Again....

Post by Aquamarine »

Plus Jack's Modchat remarks seemed to be simply saying that they're friends, most of them live close to each other, and they hang out a lot. Being musicians, they probably play music when they do so. That's the extent of the DW getting together that he was talking about.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Aquamarine wrote:Plus Jack's Modchat remarks seemed to be simply saying that they're friends, most of them live close to each other, and they hang out a lot. Being musicians, they probably play music when they do so. That's the extent of the DW getting together that he was talking about.
No more than that please - the solo tour is damn fine - TDW would be a downer right now
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Aquamarine wrote:Plus Jack's Modchat remarks seemed to be simply saying that they're friends, most of them live close to each other, and they hang out a lot. Being musicians, they probably play music when they do so. That's the extent of the DW getting together that he was talking about.

no... he said they were practicing and i usually take that to mean that they are together playing their songs in one form or another
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
I Ate The Walrus
Little Cream Soda

Post by I Ate The Walrus »

I have a feeling TDW will be back sooner rather than later boys and girls. Either a short tour or an album but it probably won't be both because all the characters will most likely be busy with other projects. Dean Fertita and QOTSA have already put out some tour dates for next year and without Dean you have no weather. Jack and Allison have alluded to carrying on with their current projects as well and Little Jack can't help but keep himself busy.

The chemistry of the band alone will be enough to bring them back together. I am thinking early next year.

As for acoustic weather...Rocking Horse would suit nicely. Live performances of the song were already stripped down and I think they can go even further with that.
MuddyPaws

Post by MuddyPaws »

even if it to be speculative, I think its a good topic... nothing more than finger-crossing... and who doesn't do that on most any and all levels through-out this entire forum? and DW a downer? na... so is what the blues is all about. and for the DW to move more into the acoustic realm does make quite a bit of sense in my head... may I cross-reference the Whirly Speaker discussion here? I would see that being used primarily in more of the DW's genre or in the mind set of Two Trees, drone-esque... definitely dig the THEM cover ~acoustic as one of my fav covers (I'd even go so far as to say DW song played> go ahead shot that down if you wish).

*correction> thread is "Jack's new Spinning Horn Speaker!"...
Last edited by MuddyPaws on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

thats a good point... the live performances can be stripped down further but it wouldnt be the Weather without Fertita... i would love to hear some of what Little Jack writes for Dead Weather though... i dont think we hear enough of his composition when it comes to lyrics and chorus ... anyone have any frames of reference in his work with Blanche or Greenhornes? i really dont know anything about the guy or his musical career in specific beyond the fact that he can play a plethora of instruments

maybe they will start composing their songs in an acoustic format and see what sound starts to emerge from that style of sparce arrangement
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

i got my hopes up when jack and dean were out in LA together all coming back home to nashville last week or so
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:i got my hopes up when jack and dean were out in LA together all coming back home to nashville last week or so
I get my hopes up every time this thread gets bumped with a title like this :x
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

arewhyehen wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:i got my hopes up when jack and dean were out in LA together all coming back home to nashville last week or so
I get my hopes up every time this thread gets bumped with a title like this :x
oops... grinding your gears again i guess... sawwy... i gotta be me though and my hopes stay up for better or for worse
nestacat
Little Bird

Post by nestacat »

nosce te ipsum
ymagirl
Little Cream Soda

Post by ymagirl »

I can only hope that this is a true indication of new Dead Weather to come, please, please, please.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

ymagirl wrote:I can only hope that this is a true indication of new Dead Weather to come, please, please, please.
Jack sure has hinted at it a few times as well as been spotted with a few of the members recently.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

2013 should be a Dead Weather year. Just seems fitting. Hope it's true.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo......
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

arewhyehen wrote:
ymagirl wrote:I can only hope that this is a true indication of new Dead Weather to come, please, please, please.
Jack sure has hinted at it a few times as well as been spotted with a few of the members recently.
why are these people so desperately fending off what is being said and imaged? why the dramatic cover up? issues?