Dead Weather Risen Again....

Coming soon...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Dead Weather Risen Again....

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

What would an epic Dead Weather Tour consist of? Im thinking it would start in late spring in some Parisian Catacombs and proceed to Spain and then the Ukraine with a stop or two in the mediterranean for some outdoor shows in the ruins on Korfu. The sets would all be constructed out of stainless steel and black layered loose weave fabrics that changed shape in the wind while held in place with wires that are woven throught he fabric and hooked to the bars

The set would lead off with a handful of acoustic feature songs where the musicians join on stage one by one as the electrification and amplifiers come on... as the tour went on it would correspond with later and later events to follow the setting of the sun and move further and further east from Jakarta to New Zealand and Korea to Alaska and Canada and then enter the US through Seattle where it worked its way down the coast to Mexico and then Brazil and Argentina only to play on a ship at night that dropped port in the gulf of Mexico... The band could then hit the midwest circuit up through Tennessee to Chicago and then New York and back down the east coast and back up to Canada and on to Europe ... i dont know about set lists really

All the rest is for someone else to figure out but i would offer that the opening bands would be some sort of terrifying chorus of bulgarian women or possibly that Korean band that splits space and time with their cellos and drums...
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: Dead Weather Risen Again....

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Thread cleaned up.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

OK... so... which of the Dead Weather songs would even sound good if done as acoustic songs... im tossing Will There Be Enough Water as an opening acoustic song that opens with just Jack on the piano and then Allison joins in ... where does the set list go from there?
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

No DW song shall ever be performed as an acoustic version.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

and then jack steps away from the piano and swivels his acoustic guitar around to the front while Alison picks up a tambourine as Dean walks on playing a blue 32 key mouth organ and little jack with a marching snare strapped on and brushes

too late.... its already been done
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

The title of this thread makes it sound like the Dead Weather is a bunch of rednecks from the south returning victoriously as they march into your town with their rebel flags....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

littleacorn wrote:No DW song shall ever be performed as an acoustic version.
Old Mary is an acoustic song along with will there be enough water.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I don't quite understand the focus of this thread. Is it to come up with a dream tour schedule? New takes on old songs you want to hear? If it's the latter, shouldn't that be done in general discussion? The band isn't actually "risen", there are no announced plans or even rumors of a tour and this thread is in the tour discussion section. Everything in this thread is basically wishful thinking. I thought tour discussion was a place to talk about....a tour, which there isn't one. I'm not out to be a dick this time, but I'm just calling it like I see it.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Moller72 wrote:
littleacorn wrote:No DW song shall ever be performed as an acoustic version.
Old Mary is an acoustic song along with will there be enough water.
I will now retract my statement previously as I have not jammed to TDW enough lately to remember the studio versions and I have no frame of reference.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

??? Dead Weather Risen Again ???

Often times we see anticipatory threads start up and this is no different than any of those... essentially we have seen Dead Weather play this year already and if i were to suggest the best song for a decent transition from acoustic to electric set when it comes to Dead Weather then this one would be it

We have been teased with Dead Weather rising by Jack in the vault chat already this year and thus its not too much of a stretch into the nether regions of options... so why not be the kind of audience and fan base that he enjoys as an interactive set of ideas that let him know what we love the most?? so... maybe i should have put a question mark in the title to give the authentic flavor of not projecting too much farther than the obvious at hand

My thoughts lead toward the forward thinking of what we know combined with what we are seeing evolve... right now i see jack moving most of his camp towards some earnest exploration of acoustics and it couldnt make me more happy.. happyier?? ... intrigued... so... with Jack and the Kills back in the touring seat and Dead Weather in the practice zone as a part of having shown up for the Bridge School concert... relative to Jack saying that they are practicing often there seems to be a discussion in the works about more production and what a tour would look and sound like... hence this thread
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

When have the Dead Weather performed this year?
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Stl_ben wrote:When have the Dead Weather performed this year?
I would say Jack and Alison and Dean on a stage playing Cut Like a Buffalo is a good pitch for stating the Dead Weather played their song this year... its semantics just so you and i can both admit that we know it where this back and forth will go if you pursue an argument... i am not playing semantics and thus you can proceed to disagree if you like Ben despite the fact that Jack has also stated to us that they have had practices and have been playing regularly

compared with Axl Rose's attempt to resurrect GnR with only himself as the only original member then i would say that i saw Dead Weather playing this year even if it was at a Jack White Solo Concert... the point is that those people are dead weather and they have been playing dead weather songs
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I think your anticipation is misplaced based on a few casual mentions from Jack in a couple Modchats. Your desire for a DW get together and tour leaves out the fact that Jack is still touring on his first solo album, is actively working on recording a second solo album, Alison is/was touring on the Kills last album, and Dean is actively recording the new QotSA album that is due next year. Queens is already slated for Download Festival next year in June, smack dab in the middle of touring season here in the States. Hell, the DW section of the Vault hasn't had a new post in over 2 years since the Triple Decker Record came out. Anyway, when something tangible happens I guess you'll have the thread already started.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

rsimms3 wrote:I think your anticipation is misplaced based on a few casual mentions from Jack in a couple Modchats. Your desire for a DW get together and tour leaves out the fact that Jack is still touring on his first solo album, is actively working on recording a second solo album, Alison is/was touring on the Kills last album, and Dean is actively recording the new QotSA album that is due next year. Queens is already slated for Download Festival next year in June, smack dab in the middle of touring season here in the States. Hell, the DW section of the Vault hasn't had a new post in over 2 years since the Triple Decker Record came out. Anyway, when something tangible happens I guess you'll have the thread already started.
Well said. Greenhornes have new music coming out so Little Jack is probably pretty busy too.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

rsimms3 wrote:I think your anticipation is misplaced based on a few casual mentions from Jack in a couple Modchats. Your desire for a DW get together and tour leaves out the fact that Jack is still touring on his first solo album, is actively working on recording a second solo album, Alison is/was touring on the Kills last album, and Dean is actively recording the new QotSA album that is due next year. Queens is already slated for Download Festival next year in June, smack dab in the middle of touring season here in the States. Hell, the DW section of the Vault hasn't had a new post in over 2 years since the Triple Decker Record came out. Anyway, when something tangible happens I guess you'll have the thread already started.
good talkin with ya about these things... i like that you took time to outline details for other folks and find it refreshing that you feel no need to condemn anyone who recognizes a wider perspective of timing associated with events relative to starting a thread which welcomes some advance consideration