Dumb questions....

Coming soon...
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Dumb questions....

Post by LaurieAK »

....So. When you go to a concert and there are posters there for sale, how do they give them to you?

Are they pre-rolled?
Are they flat?
How do you keep them from getting mangled (flat or rolled state) when you are at the concert?
Do you end up hanging onto what you bought for the duration of the concert?
Are they for sell 'afterwards' so you don't end up with a poster all during the show?

Thanks,
Laurie
hawke000

Re: Dumb questions....

Post by hawke000 »

Hey Laurie,

Once you get your stuff its yours for good, that includes being in the crowd. No worries though people are generally very nice and won't bump you really. Most people bring a cardboard tube for their posters. I had mine rolled up. The nice ladies at the booth were giving out rubber bands and are given to you flat from a stack. I had 1 LP 5 45's, 2 posters 3 t-shirts (which i wore) and buttons and pins i put in my pocket, It was a little weird but I didn't care. As far as "after the show" sales usually they have everything on sale except for the poster because they are in limited supply.

Cash only. Have fun!

D
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Oooh Thank Ya!

And I wasn't aware of the ca$h only!

How much are the posters selling for at the concerts?

I'm going (Vancouver) with a friend who is just tagging along, so I might end up with an extra poster.

When there are backtoback nights, (like the Vancouver shows) do they sell half the posters one night and half the next?
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

LaurieAK wrote:....So. When you go to a concert and there are posters there for sale, how do they give them to you?[/quote[

Are they pre-rolled? ~ nope, they are flat.

Are they flat? yes.

How do you keep them from getting mangled (flat or rolled state) when you are at the concert? i bring a poster tube every time.

Do you end up hanging onto what you bought for the duration of the concert? if it's small stuff, i'll keep it in my bag, usually my hubby takes it all to the car.

Are they for sell 'afterwards' so you don't end up with a poster all during the show? ~ merch is avail before & after, i always purchase merch first, everyone is so preoccupied about getting a good spot, the merch stand is quite open pre-show. i never want to take th echance of missing out on what i want, hence always going first!~

[quote}Thanks,
Laurie
welcome :)
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

not sure! they usually sell for 30 dollars canadian, the t-shirts are also 30 as well. The cool dead weather gun pin is 6 I believe. They might have 2 different posters BOTH nights. usually Jack is very kind to the people of Vancouver. In Toronto they only had 1 and they went very fast! If you have any extra i would be more than happy to grab one from you. :mrgreen:

have a great show!

D
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Yep definitely bring a poster tube and buy one before the show because they often sell fast. I always brig craft paper in mine because I am a stupid poster geek. Some venues actually put rubber bands around the posters which I do not suggest because it creases the the poster but most are sold flat. So in other word bring cash, a poster tube buy it before the show go get the best place to see the performance and enjoy the show. Also please buy me a poster.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Thanks again (to All).

It sounds like I won't look too foolish wandering in there with a poster tube (although, I'll probably feel that way :oops: )
Now I'll need to figure out where to get one when I get there....I suppose that is what a concierge is for 8-)

I'll see how it goes far as getting extra and will try to work something out that seems fair...Being really helpful is a good start. haha.
It would sure be a bonus if they do have two diff posters.

**** It is one poster per person, right? ****

cheers!
L
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

...if it is the same for both nights, I could possibly end up with three extras.
If they are unique, one extra for each night.

Good thing I didn't go to the bank yet for my Canadian money...i'll need more than I originally thought......
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Hopefully everything will turn out! Would be great to get a poster if you are offering, if you can't no worries! I have a feeling its gonna be a great show, Vancouver is always the place to be for a concert like that!

Yes Canadian Money is a must :D

D
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

LaurieAK wrote:
It sounds like I won't look too foolish wandering in there with a poster tube (although, I'll probably feel that way :oops: )
Now I'll need to figure out where to get one when I get there....I suppose that is what a concierge is for 8-)

**** It is one poster per person, right? ****
Bring a yazoo tube with you from home if you can. Most regular sizes will fit quite easily a suitcase, sometimes they have to go in on an angle, then pack around it. Heck, you can even stuff clothes in it on the way there. Truth is, the tube is the most crucial aspect of your trip. :P

And don't ya mind people grinnin in your face. There are always a handful of people or more with tubes at any show I've been too. And the ones who don't have one are telling you how smart it was to have brought one after the douche bag behind them spills beer all over their stuff. Most importantly, enjoy the show with peace of mind! Please get me a poster. :D
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Sorry...can't be making offers at this point...but I really appreciate your help. I'll see what ends up with me back here in Juneau when everything is done and will go from there.

This is my first 'rock' concert. I'm stoked!

And I just booked tiks the other day to see Leonard Cohen in....drum roll....Nashville in November...

It's all good :D
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Bring a yazoo tube with you from home if you can. Most regular sizes will fit quite easily a suitcase, sometimes they have to go in on an angle, then pack around it. Heck, you can even stuff clothes in it on the way there. Truth is, the tube is the most crucial aspect of your trip. :P
And don't ya mind people grinnin in your face. There are always a handful of people or more with tubes at any show I've been too. And the ones who don't have one are telling you how smart it was to have brought one after the douche bag behind them spills beer all over their stuff. Most importantly, enjoy the show with peace of mind! Please get me a poster. :D
Hahaha. I'm getting that feeling.

What would be the minimum length of poster tube I'd need? I'm only doing carry-on on the way there...

Maybe we'll need to do an essay contest or something (assuming I have extras)...or perhaps the best sonnets... 8-)

*my quote went well. not*
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

When do you leave Laurie? I have two tickets to both nights and I can't go so I need to sell them... There are always people asking for tickets outside the venue which is why I ask...

As for the Show, the Commodore has a coat check so you can take a tube and then check it so you don't have to carry it around all night. Make sure your name is on it or stick it in a backpack or something.

Also, the Stage door for the Commodore is 1 block behind the venue. The building backs onto an alley but the stage door is actually on the street past the alley.. It's weird but that's how it is, you'll probably see the busses back there after the show and if you wait after the show you'll probably see the band. I had a homeless guy tell me this when I saw the Racs in Vancouver. I didn't stick around though, just walked past.

______ <---- Street with venue door
Building
------- <----- Alley
Building
______ <------ Street with stage door
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

I told my friend weeks ago (who probably thinks I'm batty) that we needed to find our where the artist entrance was. Now I know...thanks much.
And the coat-check will be a life saver. More great info!

Crap. Sorry to hear you can't go. I leave Juneau 6am on the 20th. I have tickets for both nights.
Is the show sold out?
Is there any way the venue would take the tiks off your hands?
PM me if you think there is anything I can help out with. Although getting arrested in Canada for trying to scalp tickets is not on my itinerary, so my ability to help is limited 8-)

I know I've seen a pic of You n Jack somewhere along the way, so I can see passing on a groupie-move (stage entrance) when you already 'been there-done that.'
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.