Gig: DC 13 & 14/7/2009

Coming soon...
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Re: Gig: DC 13 & 14/7/2009

Post by flattop2001 »

Is anybody capturing the live stream of tonight's show on NPR. Sounds great.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Re: Gig: DC 13 & 14/7/2009

Post by harvestgirl »

hey hey :)

i wrote more @ the LR, if you take a peek there. it was great & i had a blast, but they are a bit too hard for me :shock: we had VIP tix & man, is that THE way to see a show @ the 9:30 club! i do think they have gelled as a band, but i just didn't come away w/ the same excitement about them as i have for TWS & the Racs. if that makes sense. i'd possibly see them again .. i'd not drive 3 hrs again though :lol:

the lighting was AMAZING ~ close to seizure inducing actually lol! their backdrop is gorgeous!~ fun to watch jack drum, his intensity is still there, even behind the kit.

talked to allison (passed a message for a mutal friend) & lj after the show, both super cordial & nice. not sure why, but lj waved @ me, walked to sign my poster we talked a bit & then he turned & got on the bus, so that was cool for me a bummer for everyone else waiting. i told him congrats on his marriage & he was so kind & said " why thank you very much" he's a super nice guy.

allison otoh, took pics, talked, signed etc.. for everyone who was waiting! very cool of her, i'd say there were maybe 15 of us total?

anyway.. hung w/ anybrunette & her son a, chris/crizeye & a few other people we had gone with. fran missed the show which was a total bummer :(
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"