Re: New York 'motherfuckers'

Post by hawke000 »

I love Jack White.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

http://www.bpfallon.com/2010/08/aug-6-d ... ng-doodle/
The Dead Weather – Jack White & Alison Mosshart & Dean Fertita & Jack Lawrence – played their last gig together for a while on Wednesday Aug 4th with a secret show at the New York rock’n'roll club Don Hills
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

We nearly got told off at the Perth show. They didn't start because the crowd was so quiet; they just stood around until we perked up.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Moody motherfucker...

(A word I never thought I would type...)
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Jack is definitely looking at it the wrong way it's his job to make the crowd want to move and "rock the fuck out"
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

If you don't want hip motherfuckers at your show...don't play a secret show that the everyday person can't get into or doesn't know about.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

"All you people who were sittin down while the Greenhornes were playing, and commited that mortal sin and may God have mercy on your souls. Especially all you hipsters standin still, aint never been to no Rock 'n Roll show and don't know how to move your head even."

Jack White 14.09.01
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

For taking pictures... wow and yea, fuck pretentious unmoving static boring people but do you yell at em...? hmmm What's been up with Jackie's vocab lately, never to rarely do i remember him swearing at early dw, racs etc shows but lately, a drunken sailor.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Scheckywhite wrote:"All you people who were sittin down while the Greenhornes were playing, and commited that mortal sin and may God have mercy on your souls. Especially all you hipsters standin still, aint never been to no Rock 'n Roll show and don't know how to move your head even."

Jack White 14.09.01
As soon as I heard about this latest rant my mind went back to this show.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

mkuborn wrote:For taking pictures... wow and yea, fuck pretentious unmoving static boring people but do you yell at em...? hmmm What's been up with Jackie's vocab lately, never to rarely do i remember him swearing at early dw, racs etc shows but lately, a drunken sailor.
Agreed. I brought my son to the TDW's first show last year and we had an amazing time. I've seen them four times since and the crowd has been increasingly aggressive. With the band's on-stage alcohol consumption and language on the rise, I'm glad I took him early on.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

n/a
Last edited by tanzaib on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cfaWSsu_A1I&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cfaWSsu_A1I&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Ha it makes me laugh now. It had been a great tour up to that point. Oh well they're just snobby celebs.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

WOW!! Maybe he needs a vacation.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Godammit. Jack is human after all ;)
I love that the crowd's elite status didn't deter a blow up at their hipmotherfucking complacency.