Chicago Dead Weather Secret Show

Coming soon...
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Chicago Dead Weather Secret Show

Post by littleacorn »

Hey Chicago! The Dead Weather will be headlining a FREE SHOW soon so stay tuned.

Come back to this events page for more details - you don’t want to miss out on this experience. It’s first come; first served so make sure you get there early. 21+

Learn more at kin.com. Find the spot…
From facebook.

Damn Chicago and their 21 only shows.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Re: Chicago Dead Weather Secret Show

Post by dylnfan »

Pretty cool concept...I'd be disappointed if I didn't have tix to the Chicago show in August! :D
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

I do have tickets to the July show and Bonnaroo and I already saw them in Vegas, but i've wasted oppurtunities seeing Jack bands before and ended up kicking myself.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

It'd be cool if they played the Conan show.. that wouldn't be the free secret show though..
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Dean's doing his own thing this week - from Hello=Fire's facebook page;
Brendan and his facebook page got us...usually you hear Hello=Fire stuff here first but that's the virtual grapevine for you...doesn't matter: ”Brendan will be playing with Dean Fertita in Hello=Fire at Spaceland in Los Angeles on Monday, May 24th. It's a free show, so come join the party.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

The Dead Weather, brought to you secretly by Microsoft and some secret new phone secret.
by Andrew Reilly May 20, 2010
Article Tools

o via @AVClubChicago - Why Saturday’s "secret" Dead Weather concert isn't as radical as it seems Twitter
o Facebook
o Digg
o StumbleUpon
o Reddit
* Email This
[ x ]

* Print This

More Blog

* Get in the (cupcake) van: The A.V. Club rides along with Flirty Cupcakes
* Beer Hoptacular: Too much of a good thing?

Related articles

* The Dead Weather: Sea Of Cowards

Related artists

* The Dead Weather

As first reported elsewhere this week, alt-rock supergroup The Dead Weather will be playing a free, first-come, first-served, “secret” (their quotes) show this Saturday at a location to be announced via Facebook literally hours before the concert. Could this unorthodox rollout mark the brave new future of secret shows and social-media marketing? The A.V. Club doesn’t think so, and here’s why:

It’s really just part of a product-launch campaign

The forward-thinking little start-up behind this idea, Microsoft, already pulled the same stunt with a N.E.R.D. concert last week in San Francisco to promote its new mobile communications device. Perhaps the company has bowed to these hard economic times, forgoing the excess that greeted past Microsoft product launches; or maybe the folks from Redmond would simply rather talk about the mostly well-received Sea Of Cowards than respond to the torching their new social-media toy has received in the tech press. Whatever the case, remember: no matter how fun it looks, it’s still an advertisement.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Venus Zine holds the secret to the Dead Weather's surprise Chicago show!
Find out right here where they're playing, plus win a KIN phone and guaranteed access to the show

By Venus Zine Staff
Published: May 20th, 2010 | 10:00am

The Dead Weather are playing a secret show in Chicago this Saturday, May 22, in celebration of the new Microsoft KIN phone. And we know the location! Keep your eyes peeled to VenusZine.com all day Saturday when we'll announce the secret spot—and give you the chance to win the grand prize. We're giving one lucky reader their very own KIN and guaranteed access to the show. The winner will be able to use the KIN to take photos that we'll feature in an upcoming issue of Venus Zine!

Here's how it works:

Starting Saturday morning, we'll post clues on VenusZine.com leading to a secret spot in Chicago where we've hidden a copy of our hot-off-the-press summer issue featuring Jack White (our first-ever cover man). Be the first one to find this hidden copy of the issue—and you'll win the KIN and be our guest to Saturday evening's Dead Weather show.

Stay tuned to VenusZine.com for more on this special event!

No purchase necessary. Winner must be present in Chicago on Saturday, May 22, to accept the grand prize.
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Band will announce today at 4CST where they are playing.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

From TMR

Free show today in Chicago!
The Dead Weather are playing a free show tonight at 8PM at Marquardt Trucking Company at Aberdeen (between W. Monroe and Madison) in Chicago, with our friend DJ Ben Swank warming things up. Not only is it FREE to get in, its an OPEN BAR, but NO guestlist. It's purely first come first served and it is 21 and up so we’d recommend grabbing your friends and getting down there as soon as possible to hold your place in line.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

fucken A, free show + open Bar :shock: :shock: , and no little teensters being annoying and not shuttin the fuck up during the show...

man...thats the fucken shit right there....

*edit*...wait, where'd you get that message from? the one on the vault doesn't mention an open bar...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Sounds awesome. Except for the fact that it's a big Microsoft Kin advertisement.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Sounds awesome. Except for the fact that it's a big Microsoft Kin advertisement.
Yah I wonder how Jack got roped into that?
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

littleacorn wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:Sounds awesome. Except for the fact that it's a big Microsoft Kin advertisement.
Yah I wonder how Jack got roped into that?
I would imagine Jack doesn't do much he doesn't want to do, unless Karen asks. Somebody wrote a check.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim