Las Vegas 04/18/2010 Wahoo!!

Coming soon...
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Re: Las Vegas 04/18/2010 Wahoo!!

Post by mkuborn »

Yea you could tell they were tired, i mean 4 shows, 3 cities in 4 days is really intense but they absolutely killed it. I hate huge festivals and that really sucks about the conflicting sets, bummer... the cast of YJCW looked good....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx4QLw9e ... re=related
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

found a few vids on youtube not the best. Really hoping somebody posts water...
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
jastro
Little Bird

Post by jastro »

Oh, by the way, while I was at the merch stand there was something like Dead Weather collectible card(s) for $10. Did anyone get these? What were they?
mojaveplastics.com
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

There was a cig on the stage at one point and Jack ended up stepping i diring his guitar solo.
I know sometimes Alison comes out w a cig but didn't see if she had brought it out or if maybe some threw it.
Kinda get tunnel vision when so close
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

LaurieAK wrote:Front row center. we were so close could hear jack and alison unmiked when they dueted. It was a great show. Love how Jack just kept going when the string broke. My first front row rock show. Worth waiting for
I'm starting to think jack breaking a string on this song is staged... I've seen two shows and both he broke a string and then played right on through it. I've seen video of others with the same but can't say they were all this way.
hmmm
-Grim
I am everything you hate...
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

it was a download card for the new album. Reaaaalllly thinking about trying to go to st. louis on saturday ;) just don't know if the money is there vegas was an expensive trip
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Grimtale wrote:
LaurieAK wrote:Front row center. we were so close could hear jack and alison unmiked when they dueted. It was a great show. Love how Jack just kept going when the string broke. My first front row rock show. Worth waiting for
I'm starting to think jack breaking a string on this song is staged... I've seen two shows and both he broke a string and then played right on through it. I've seen video of others with the same but can't say they were all this way.
hmmm
-Grim
or maybe he just punishes the guitar more since he knows he only has one song to play?
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Grimtale wrote:
hmmm
-Grim
He started playing ball and biscuit at a WS show I saw and a string broke and he stopped playing - if Enough Water wasn't played they'd have 15 minutes missing from their shows...
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Was it even Enough Water the song he broke the string on? It is a fucking sexually charged duet, are we really complaining about that song? Also jack now plays on this song alot...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h890X9CAokk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h890X9CAokk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Hahahaha. A conspiracy theory of broken guitar strings??
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

most guitarists break a string or two at concerts...
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

I thought this show lacked some energy both between the crowd and the band. Dean and Alison are the walking sex this year instead of Jack and Alison, that I can see. I swear they might as well hook up! :)

The show was amazing, I got front row again, in my same spot I have been lucky to get for the last 2 San Fran shows and this Las Vegas show. I just LOVE this band live. Love watching Alison spaz out, LOVED The Ettes and I can't wait for more tour dates.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Yea the Ettes were awesome, i mean i dont care for the lead singer's stage presence but otherwise the drummer was nicknamed Animal and the Guitarist is a dead ringer for his counterpart in Dethklok and they killed it. The first night in SF was pretty weak, i agree they all didn't seem into it maybe tired but in Vegas they all just seemed euphorically fucked up and the show was epic so i dont know. I agree the Jack Alison sex from the first tour is GONE i mean they used to almost fist fuck on stage and now Jack wont even look at her. I know this is all a little neurotic and sycophantic but it is kind of shit you notice seeing a band seven or eight times
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

higherlimits wrote:most guitarists break a string or two at concerts...
I was referring to the comment by grimtale on the previous page. Shoulda used the quote at the time. It gets lost in translation by itself.
Grimtale wrote:
hmmm
-Grim
thirdmanfan
Little Bird

Post by thirdmanfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote:We were in the front at last years HOB gig in New Orleans with some swell Vault members. Once the opening band finished up, some aggressive woman worked her way behind us and tried pushing her way in. When she didn't get any further she started hurling insults and left. But she showed up a few minutes into the set and stood behind my husband calling me a bitch and threatening me by saying that her father is in the mafia and she was going to get him and F*CK me up bad. Eventually he just stared her down and she left.

I'd planned to hang out with my new friends afterwards and walk back to the hotel alone, but neither my husband or I felt terribly safe with me hanging out after that. People are cuckoo.
Did I meet you anonymousbrunette? I got early entrance to this show and seem to remember someone trying to push her way into the crowd where my husband and I were too! I was the tall red head standing front and center at this show....now im seriously thinking that I might know you...do you remember me? (I'm from Louisiana)