Las Vegas 04/18/2010 Wahoo!!

Coming soon...
love_islander
Little People

Re: Las Vegas 04/18/2010 Wahoo!!

Post by love_islander »

TRWS75 wrote:I'm pretty sure someone had the brilliant notion to throw a shoe on stage at that CT show. Didn't help matters.
That really bugged me during the Oz tour - I saw so many things thrown - at the first melbourne show this one girl threw 2 joints and then later a hip flask and screamed "sign my flask". In Auckland someone threw a cigarette at Dean and it landed between his guitar and his shirt ( :evil: ). Cigarettes were a popular choice to throw in almost all of the shows, and empty cans were thrown too - i can't imagine it would be that appreciated ever...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

We were in the front at last years HOB gig in New Orleans with some swell Vault members. Once the opening band finished up, some aggressive woman worked her way behind us and tried pushing her way in. When she didn't get any further she started hurling insults and left. But she showed up a few minutes into the set and stood behind my husband calling me a bitch and threatening me by saying that her father is in the mafia and she was going to get him and F*CK me up bad. Eventually he just stared her down and she left.

I'd planned to hang out with my new friends afterwards and walk back to the hotel alone, but neither my husband or I felt terribly safe with me hanging out after that. People are cuckoo.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

anonymousbrunette wrote:We were in the front at last years HOB gig in New Orleans with some swell Vault members. Once the opening band finished up, some aggressive woman worked her way behind us and tried pushing her way in. When she didn't get any further she started hurling insults and left. But she showed up a few minutes into the set and stood behind my husband calling me a bitch and threatening me by saying that her father is in the mafia and she was going to get him and F*CK me up bad. Eventually he just stared her down and she left.

I'd planned to hang out with my new friends afterwards and walk back to the hotel alone, but neither my husband or I felt terribly safe with me hanging out after that. People are cuckoo.
I had similar at the Perth show without the death threats - the girl behind me was given suprising strength once JW got on stage...
FaytLJake
Little Acorn

Post by FaytLJake »

LaurieAK wrote:
mkuborn wrote:NINE DAYS!!!!
I will be the tall redhead being loud, jumping around and probably bumping into you if you are one of those arms crossed stage scowlers.
Thank gawd you will be there to render your own form of justice; being juddge and jury and making decisions on who to harass with a holierthanthou punk-ass attitude. Of course, unless someone is behaving in the manner you describe they are not worthy, not enjoying the show and deserve your pointed assault. Sweet.
*AHEM* About 00:20 in... ;)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SHsd_BHeS7w&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SHsd_BHeS7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
St.Andrew on the Little Room
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

:lol:
so here is Jack's contribution to the topic
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

gotta get up at 4am to catch my flight hope i get an early entry email.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

well caught my flight outta milwaukee noticed on the plane that i lost my fucking ticket so i freaked out. Luckily the show didn't sell out and i got my ticket. I had my ipod so i could check my email for early entry, fucking ipod died on me so never knew that i got the email til i got home :x . But I met some really cool people and the dead weather were fucking amazing! Allison came right up to me at the corner of the stage but all i could do was let my jaw drop to the floor :oops:. I was up for 46 hours straight but what an amazing time. Really hope they add a chicago date but if not bring on bonnaroo!
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Jack White - "This morning i came to Las Vegas and shot a fully automatic Thompson sub machine gun ... This is Baby Ruthless's first time in Vegas... sure wont be her last"
Jack was so tired he forgot to introduce LJ when he was introducing the band, But none the less it was a great show, okay crowd, short set but sweet.
Had a major issue with my tickets being purchased through the fan club pre-sale but i need to email TMR before i talk about it on here.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

yah only that one red thing got thrown onstage i had a drunk guy behind me who was yelling at the ettes(who i was pretty surprised by, im going to start looking into them) Very happy with my first Jack experience even if it was the dead weather. I love all of jack bands and each has their own place in my collection but the dead weather are really getting close to the top. oh and Will there be enough water was fucking awesome...mkuborn how long did it take to break that string?
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

It didnt take long and they extended the song SO long because he played it completely different and they all had to figure out what he was doing. Amazing is not a strong enough word, just knowing it will NEVER be played just like that again is great. I am sad no one else but us two on here are chiming in on what an epic show this was.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

i was trying to find people i knew there i was on lj's side of the stage in the corner. I've been missing out for years on getting to see Jack, but that one song made it all worthwhile. I honestly was speechless my girlfriend called after the show and asked how it was and i couldn't tell her :D I was completely blown away.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Sounds like a great show. Coachella, not so great.... Disengaged crowd Tiesto pumping 200 yards away (they came on stage just before water and completely destroyed the vibe). The rest of the festival was fuckin awesome Dead Weather, weakest performance of the three shows I have seen. Hope the knock it up a notch for Bonnaroo.

Did anybody check the webcast how did it sound???
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Front row center. we were so close could hear jack and alison unmiked when they dueted. It was a great show. Love how Jack just kept going when the string broke. My first front row rock show. Worth waiting for
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

flattop2001 wrote:Sounds like a great show. Coachella, not so great.... Disengaged crowd Tiesto pumping 200 yards away (they came on stage just before water and completely destroyed the vibe). The rest of the festival was fuckin awesome Dead Weather, weakest performance of the three shows I have seen. Hope the knock it up a notch for Bonnaroo.

Did anybody check the webcast how did it sound???
I saw 1st half of the webcast.
They were amazing
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

LaurieAK wrote:Front row center. we were so close could hear jack and alison unmiked when they dueted. It was a great show. Love how Jack just kept going when the string broke. My first front row rock show. Worth waiting for
so what got thrown onstage could you tell?