Melbourne, 19th March, 2010

Coming soon...
love_islander
Little People

Melbourne, 19th March, 2010

Post by love_islander »

Ok - next concert has just finished - it rocked out way more than Auckland - started off with Forever My Queen and didn't slack off from there. I quoted the other night 3 new songs - I was mistaken, one was No Horse, so the 2 new ones were Blue Blood Blues (they played that again tonight) and the one I said was Hustle and Bustle may be Hustling Cause or Hustle and Cause - to be determined! They also snuck in an extra one tonight - another new one - also quite heavy. Tonight I managed to get centre front row - I didn't notice Alison so much the another night, but she had all the boys going and most of the girls as well. I think I might dump the missus and take up stalking her full-time. She was H-O-T.

The posters arrived tonight - 100 only for Melbourne for both nights. This was done by a new mob called fugscreens studios - http://www.fugscreenstudios.com - can't remember the artist's name - will check tomorrow if I remember

trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Melbourne, 19th March, 2010

Post by trickster »

Thanks for the review!
I have seen this poster a few days ago and I think it is very nice!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

trickster wrote:Thanks for the review!
I have seen this poster a few days ago and I think it is very nice!
I just looked up the website myself and it is part of a set - I guess I will pick up the other one in a few days time in Canberra. I also just checked for a number and I've got 49/200 (even though I was second to the booth...) - so I guess it's supposed to be 100 per night in Melbourne.
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

I just talked to Zissou at Fugscreens and he said these should be up on his site soon (fugscreens.com), but is happy for anyone to e-mail him if they want to buy either or both prints before that (he says he has a pretty good stock).
He sounded like a great dude.
His e-mail is fugscreens@gmail.com
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
mbutler74
Little Bird

Post by mbutler74 »

I was there last night too. 'Twas nice to meet some Vault/Little Room/White Swirl folk, especially Mr Love Islander above.

The show was a whole lot of sexy, sleazy, rock and roll. And I mean that in a good way. I am not up with the new songs, but from first listen the new album will solidify the band I think as a pretty big deal. They really have their own unique thing happening. What was also nice is that the screams seemed to be equally split for Baby and Jack.

Enjoy the rest of the shows folks!
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

icdvet wrote:I just talked to Zissou at Fugscreens and he said these should be up on his site soon (fugscreens.com), but is happy for anyone to e-mail him if they want to buy either or both prints before that (he says he has a pretty good stock).
TYalked to Zissou again and these wont be up until next week (as they can't be sold until after the shows).
Will keep y'all posted
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

icdvet wrote:
icdvet wrote:I just talked to Zissou at Fugscreens and he said these should be up on his site soon (fugscreens.com), but is happy for anyone to e-mail him if they want to buy either or both prints before that (he says he has a pretty good stock).
TYalked to Zissou again and these wont be up until next week (as they can't be sold until after the shows).
Will keep y'all posted
I'm just going to buy it all out once it gets to Perth since I can get the missus to pick me up and we can load up our ute... :D
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Another awesome night tonight!! :D Pretty similar setlist to last night but we got one extra - child of a few hours - completely spot-on perfect. As I was wandering down to the gig I had thought that the previous night was pretty much as good as it could get - I WAS WRONG! Dean didn't treat his Gretch like a lady so much tonight and was a level above Jack and Alison in my opinion - tonight was even better again - keep 'em coming guys!!!
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Those are great photos. Thanks for the updates from down under.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
surfingelectrode
Little Bird

Post by surfingelectrode »

What merch were they selling?

I'm seeing them in Orlando next month and I'd like to bring enough money to get whatever I might want.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

surfingelectrode wrote:What merch were they selling?

I'm seeing them in Orlando next month and I'd like to bring enough money to get whatever I might want.
shirts, posters, DW badges (incl. gun badge), CDs horehound, LP horehound, 7" DW, TMR patches and stickers
FaytLJake
Little Acorn

Post by FaytLJake »

That first pic on the faster louder site is very unflattering of Alison. And now that his bangs have grown out a little, Jack's hair isn't looking too bad. ;)

Here's to hoping for an Atlanta gig sometime soon.
St.Andrew on the Little Room
surfingelectrode
Little Bird

Post by surfingelectrode »

love_islander wrote:
surfingelectrode wrote:What merch were they selling?

shirts, posters, DW badges (incl. gun badge), CDs horehound, LP horehound, 7" DW, TMR patches and stickers
Thanks. I was hoping that they'd be selling something special.