Generally Dead Weather

Discuss the weather here...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Generally Dead Weather

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

When it comes to Dead Weather or what some people refer to as TDW in the world of TMR then folks have a wide range of opinions and even level of interest... Are you a Dead Weather fan? Do you collect Dead Weather Stuff? Do you think they have a lot more left on their agenda as a band?

Questions like this get some surprising responses according to what i have heard said by fans and non-fans who are definitely Third Man Lifers...

Just last night Jack White came on the Modbox chatter and dropped some lines to the effect that TDW convened in his living room which nearly always results in lyrics being tossed out immediately right?? maybe not but given that they rolled into a recording session with no music in hand and produced an album in lightning speed one has to wonder if it can happen that fast again... just sayin... Anyways the ambiguity of the conversation left huge gaps of real confidence that we would see Dead Weather releases emerge to say the least and to say the most we can only be certain that Alison Mosshart was there.

What was Alison Mosshart doing? Watching Black Sabbath... was she taking notes? Was she fascinated by their new website and soon to be released songs that they have mentioned as a part of playing the Download Festival? Is she preparing what she will say to Tony Iommi if she has the chance to meet him given that he may not be long for the world?? Maybe something else is in the works ? Hard to say what is in the works here but what if.... what if.... Dead Weather goes on tour with a new release as an opening act for Black Sabbath?? did you possibly almost loose your mind for a moment there??

oh wow... tell me what you think about this stuff and more... I started this conversation just to have a general thread where we can discuss and randomly access what may be an upcoming series of events but its possible that we might want to recall when exactly TDW was born and try and figure out hold old they would be now... is it 3 years old already?? oh my how time flies!
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Generally Dead Weather

Post by Stl_ben »

Try this thread where the discussion is already going: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2533
But I am proud of your use of punctuation!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

:D
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I think that AM must have been watching the webcast from Donnington yesterday where Sabbath was headlining.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

flattop2001 wrote:I think that AM must have been watching the webcast from Donnington yesterday where Sabbath was headlining.
+1 for the guy who sees that glorifying the past is nothing but drying up the future... love that quote just so you know! good lookin out as they say...
I Ate The Walrus
Little Cream Soda

Post by I Ate The Walrus »

They have said from the start that TDW feels like a fulltime band, not a side project. The fact they are still hanging out even though they are busy touring/recording makes me excited. Would love to hear some new stuff from them in time for Christmas.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

I Ate The Walrus wrote:They have said from the start that TDW feels like a fulltime band, not a side project. The fact they are still hanging out even though they are busy touring/recording makes me excited. Would love to hear some new stuff from them in time for Christmas.
gotta love that ... all of that... it does seem like they are in some kind of natural cycle as well... formed in March and released in July in 2009 and then released another in Fall 2009 so it would make sense that Winter would work for fitting the cycle pretty well... i found a quote from Little Jack at wikipedia that seems to echo all those same sentiments as well... one can only hope
The members of The Dead Weather have currently gone back to their other projects; however, Lawrence predicts that by the end of 2011, the band "will either be recording or doing some more shows. I don't think we can stop; even if someone was too busy, nothing seems like it's going to be getting in the way of this," he says. "Our other bands are still alive, obviously, but this one is right up there. It doesn't feel like a side project or anything to us. It feels like a real band. And I think it's just getting better the more we get to play."
I Ate The Walrus
Little Cream Soda

I really had no idea how much I liked this band until they got busy with their other bands. I am trudging through the bootlegs now, they have fantastic chemistry. If there was one band that I had to follow around the world on a tour, it would be this one.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

I Ate The Walrus wrote:I really had no idea how much I liked this band until they got busy with their other bands. I am trudging through the bootlegs now, they have fantastic chemistry. If there was one band that I had to follow around the world on a tour, it would be this one.
I agree totally and completely. I was just listening to a recording of them at Cochella (I don't know what year) and Oh My God.... What he did with TMLYM was, no other word, perfect.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

When we saw them at the Bowery show, I thought they were outstanding and special. (That show was amazing.) The first album at first didn't thrill me like the live show, but it sure grew on me. SoC, however, knocked me out from the first listen and still ranks up there for me in the tops of JW-related albums. (The Vault bundle is by far my favorite Vault release.)
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
I Ate The Walrus
Little Cream Soda

I saw them a few years back, went to the gig only knowing bits and pieces from songs but I absolutely loved the show. Went again the next night and left speechless. I then went and actually had a listen to Horehound from start to finish on vinyl...whoah.

Though SOC has probably been played more on my record player I prefer Horehound. 60 feet tall is such a great opener and Will There Be Enough Water leaves you wanting for so, so much more. I have no idea if it is by design but it is wildly different from the live version, similar to how Blue Veins ends BBS. I am thinking once they hit the road the song evolved but I love how understated the track is on the album. If you listen closely at the end of the song there is a groan or something, sounds like something fell over, or maybe someone was fretting over a mistake? (I think there is a mix up with the lyrics midway through) Who the hell knows, but it is fantastic.

Since then I have been watching and listening to the countless bootlegs that have surfaced from the shows they have done so far. You Just Can't Win never gets tired for me, I have heard that mic drop after the 2nd verse in so many recordings. Right now I am digging Williamsburg Hall of Music show, it is fantastic.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

I Ate The Walrus wrote: Right now I am digging Williamsburg Hall of Music show, it is fantastic.
Um. Hey. Share?
Boonth76
Little Cream Soda

Post by Boonth76 »

I would much rather get a new album from the racs since its been four years! Everyone seems to be free now; BB finished his new album, and I believe the Greenhornes are done with whatever they were doing, so now it's up to jack to finish touring.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Boonth76 wrote:I would much rather get a new album from the racs since its been four years! Everyone seems to be free now; BB finished his new album, and I believe the Greenhornes are done with whatever they were doing, so now it's up to jack to finish touring.
i was never unconvinced that some tracks were not cut last September with the Racs even though we didnt hear anything on the mini-tour... i think Jack did some back up work for Brendan most certainly but the aspect of writing new songs might have been awkward with both of them tossing around their solo releases at that time as well

So sad and dark thing tells me that we will not hear more from the Racs but maybe that sad and dark thing is the rumble of the sound of Dead Weather coming around the mountain when she comes... what about a combo tour with Racs and Dead Weather on the event horizon... is that something that would blow your mind or what?
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Anyone care to wager on some Dead Weather gear that could be made in the future? hats or possibly a bandana? i personally would like to see some deadweather jewelry that had detachable parts to it... snap together playables? or at least post cards...

I am back to the Viewmaster notion with Dead Weather particularly given the extremely unique photo sessions that they come up with

your thoughts??