This song reminds me...

Discuss the weather here...
csbanta
Little Acorn

Re: This song reminds me...

Post by csbanta »

flattop2001 wrote:Great band. There is a thread dedicated to them here

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2132

New album is not as strong as first IMO but still better than HH or SOC.
The three early releases are amazing. SOC to me sounded way more electronic than any previous JW record. Thought that sound got in the way. HH not so much an issue. Back on topic. BOS seem to ooze a little more cool than the raw nastiness of Allison. However, the tone for BOS is super straight forward in my opinion. Much like yourself it sounds, i cant get enough of the Skulls. As always, could go for some more DW as well :)
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

im gonna say that the genre plays a big part in that ...stripped down hard sound with male/female vocal contrast in a dark set of lyrical interplays .... then there is the idea that they share the edge of metal that is more blues oriented when it cranks the volume and delivers that hollow body howl and growl ... but mostly i think this band still has more of a pop sensibility to it which Jack and friends are no longer bound by as super group innovators of global proportion ... affording being great makes all the difference
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Darkwax
Little Bird

Post by Darkwax »

The only similarities are in the "bluesy rock 70s-like" sound. Maybe the fact that a female singer is involved.

Maybe it's the wrong place to say that, but: I seriously think that The Dead Weather are so much more powerful and fit together. When I listen to them, I don't feel like the songs are made for radio, but for fan of good records and great music.

In my opinion, Band Of Skull sounds more like a couple of kids who like 70s rock. The Dead Weather seems like a couple of talented musicien who are changing the world of music by avoiding all the bad stuff that happened in the history of music.

Not to bash on Band Of Skull, they sound pretty good too, but there is not enough magic for me!
drnoone
Little Bird

Post by drnoone »

jrfhoutx wrote:I still don't understand why everyone compares them to TDW, I really don't think they sound anything alike.
I agree. I'm having a hard time seeing any similarities