I Want/Need More Dead Weather

Discuss the weather here...
dreamover
Little Acorn

Re: I Want/Need More Dead Weather

Post by dreamover »

are people suggesting that the instagram new years picture is old? it looks new to me. it seemed like they were saying they were in mexico for new years. i never put anything past jack. he had a solo album done and no one knew for sure it existed. there could easily be a dead weather record done/in the works.

also, though not record-wise, dead weather are my favorite jack band live. though nothing will top the secret chicago show.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I love festivals. I have discovered so many great bands and met so many cool people at them. Yes the main stages can be a pain, so just go explore. Not the venue to go and play fanboy/girl for sure. But if jack likes shooting fish in a barrel then go for it (yes hoping he sees this as a challenge) Believe me when the Stripes took the stage in daylight at Indio nobody within 200 yards was "distracted"
I think Jack may take the coin again at Coachella this year as it looks like the Stones are playing, or do Newport for the love of the music..

As an aside Looks like Newport can't announce the line up this year before the festival due to the majors amending artists contracts. They have a choice of announcing and not having any headline bands play (OK with me) or don't announce anything in advance and keep the headliners (even better). Interesting how this turns out.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

TDW are my least favorite JW band.
Stripes
Peacocks
Racs
Buzzards
TDW
Saw TDW many times but at least once at every show I found myself missing; Racs/Kills/QOTSA/Greenhornes. They were/are never as great as the sum of the parts and both albums are among Jacks weakest recorded work IMHO.
dreamover wrote:are people suggesting that the instagram new years picture is old? it looks new to me. it seemed like they were saying they were in mexico for new years. i never put anything past jack. he had a solo album done and no one knew for sure it existed. there could easily be a dead weather record done/in the works.

also, though not record-wise, dead weather are my favorite jack band live. though nothing will top the secret chicago show.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

flattop2001 wrote:TDW are my least favorite JW band.
Stripes
Peacocks
Racs
Buzzards
TDW
Saw TDW many times but at least once at every show I found myself missing; Racs/Kills/QOTSA/Greenhornes. They were/are never as great as the sum of the parts and both albums are among Jacks weakest recorded work IMHO.
Totally agree with everything, even the same order.
I'm not a fan of the Kills or the Greenhornes so it's not as if I'm holding the Dead Weather to a particular standard, I just don't like them that much. I'll see them once on each tour leg, but that's it. Easily the worst project he's been attached to in my opinion, minor guest appearances excluded.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

honestly... i feel that Dead Weather is for a specific audience and if you feel its one of his worst projects then you likely are not really comfortable with the feelings and ideas that the band evokes... this group serves a very important aspect of freeing these musicians from their prior self images and also from their former sense of expressions... the ease and truth of this music in this band and how quickly it came together and was realized indicates to me that it was a very important threshold

its hard to accept the simplicity of primal content that may not be relative to us personally but it does nothing to lessen value

pardon me if you feel that i speak to any sense of personal knowing in this matter but i deal with multiple intelligence values
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Bollocks to all that, I just think it's shitty music.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

typical emotional response based upon personal sense of well being... instinct based reactionary stuff james... love ya but i gotta rock and that band can make it happen for me... i suppose you will just have to spin those stripes so that they swirl
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:honestly... i feel that Dead Weather is for a specific audience and if you feel its one of his worst projects then you likely are not really comfortable with the feelings and ideas that the band evokes...
You're right. I just realized the Dead Weather makes me feel restless longing for things unknown and guilt over not knowing, forcing me into a self-imposed (yet personally ignored) depression. It has nothing to do with my preference for form versus the scattered nature of their sound. I'm so happy I found your post! :D
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Jamie wrote:Bollocks to all that, I just think it's shitty music.
:lol: quote of the day vote from me
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

shaneoftheroad wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:honestly... i feel that Dead Weather is for a specific audience and if you feel its one of his worst projects then you likely are not really comfortable with the feelings and ideas that the band evokes...
You're right. I just realized the Dead Weather makes me feel restless longing for things unknown and guilt over not knowing, forcing me into a self-imposed (yet personally ignored) depression. It has nothing to do with my preference for form versus the scattered nature of their sound. I'm so happy I found your post! :D
i totally accept that this perspective is really an important concept for fans to come to terms with... i have had to listen to a lot of crap and completely disturbing sounds/music as a part of working a venue for a long time and thus it became easier and better to accept that the audience was a key element in seeing how to 'appreciate' the moment or the band as a process that people expose themselves to or a social set of considerations that might have nothing to do with me... its just survival really

glad i could help... or something like that 8-)
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

A simple tease is good enough for me...

http://www.nme.com/news/jack-white/7134 ... nesgallery
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

chaptertwentyone wrote:A simple tease is good enough for me...

http://www.nme.com/news/jack-white/7134 ... nesgallery
That's why NME is such a rag, 99% of that information was published in February in an interview with the exception of the last line about the Jay-Z release. NME makes an article out of the interview and suddenly it's "new" information.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... f-20130226
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

And there was nothing definite in any of his statements back in February.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

I really want more DW shows or new music, but I no longer allow the occasional hint or speculation to get me excited. If and when something happens officially I'll celebrate. Until then, I'm just dismissing this stuff. Honestly, I'm not sure we'll ever see them again. Could be that those couple of years is all we get. Hope not, but I've come to grips with that possibility.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

The paraphrasing of the RS interview has exploded on the internet like it was gospel that there are Racs/DW tracks coming out soon. Whoever wrote that shitty paraphrase article from the RS interview should have their journalism credentials yanked. I saw the same story verbatim on NME and Crave.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom