Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown

Discuss the weather here...
dunedin
Little Ghost

Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown

Post by dunedin »

Sunday 2 Oct, from Nashville featuring a live performance by TDW from Alison's house

http://www.cnn.com/videos/travel/2016/0 ... /bourdain/
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown

Post by Kali Durga »

More info here at Bourdain's blog-- https://medium.com/parts-unknown/nashvi ... .u3dvgiae8
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Great episode. Essentially centered around TMR without making too much of a fuss about it.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Needs to be on the internet pronto, please, for those of us who don't do cable tv...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
JakobGreen
Little Bird

Post by JakobGreen »

Kali Durga wrote:Needs to be on the internet pronto, please, for those of us who don't do cable tv...
Havent found it online yet and its not on the CNN Parts Unknown site yet. But for those who do itunes you can purchase the episode on the itunes store.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

JakobGreen wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Needs to be on the internet pronto, please, for those of us who don't do cable tv...
Havent found it online yet and its not on the CNN Parts Unknown site yet. But for those who do itunes you can purchase the episode on the itunes store.
Blah. I hate iTunes.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

it was pretty cool. Mosshart and Fertita really came off as regular guys. not that they aren't, but you know...

also, a Jo sighting. she's such a lovely person. and how many times do you hear me say that about someone?

and, apparently most of TDW and lots of TMR dig pinewood social club, which when i mentioned i liked it on the vault, someone openly mocked me for it...
he is everything i hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

As nice a guy as Dean seems to be, I'm a little scared of him now that I know he trains in Krav Maga.

And I thought it was cool that he went to Dandgure's instead of Arnold's. All the times I've been to Nashville, I've never talked to anyone who's been to Dandgure's, so now that I've seen what it's like I need to give it a try. And of course he wouldn't got to Arnold's, since Guy Fieri's been there.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

elduderino wrote:it was pretty cool. Mosshart and Fertita really came off as regular guys. not that they aren't, but you know...

also, a Jo sighting. she's such a lovely person. and how many times do you hear me say that about someone?

and, apparently most of TDW and lots of TMR dig pinewood social club, which when i mentioned i liked it on the vault, someone openly mocked me for it...
I am not sure I have ever heard you call anyone a lovely person before. haha jk

But it was cool to see them in their own world and see how nice they are. I have met Alison a few times and she is so nice, but I have never been close enough to Dean to talk to him, but he just seemed too intimidating to approach. I won't be so nervous next time.

I love how happy Alison seems all the time.

Overall it was a great episode and gives me a few new places to try out next time I am in Nashville.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:
JakobGreen wrote:
Blah. I hate iTunes.
I recorded it on my PVR. If I can figure out how to put it on a USB and upload it to dropbox, I will post a link here in the next day or two..
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

arewhyehen wrote:
I recorded it on my PVR. If I can figure out how to put it on a USB and upload it to dropbox, I will post a link here in the next day or two..
that would be awesome
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It's also on Amazon Prime for $2.99, if anyone does that for watching stuff.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I can't figure out how to get it off my PVR, but it is on torrents. I could download it and pass it on tonight.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

...not here obviously...privately. :)