"Dodge & Burn" Listening Party +1 Available

Discuss the weather here...

Re: "Dodge & Burn" Listening Party +1 Available

Postby Aquamarine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:45 am

I didn't notice him, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jack had a PA, or at the very least a TMR employee whose sole job was to supply his every need when he's in a professional setting. I think most artists of his stature have PAs these days.
User avatar
Aquamarine
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:42 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Re:

Postby love_islander » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:28 am

dylnfan wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
dylnfan wrote:Driving back now, will post more later. Until then...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439847573.954408.jpg


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439847589.227933.jpg


Advanced listening party with the band, signatures and a one-of-a-kind photo print. Music fan perfection.




6. After the record was over, we were invited to stick around, chat with the band, get pics, etc. Everyone was incredibly gracious and appeared to genuinely enjoy talking with us. On our way out, we got a goodie back w/the signed HYFTH single I posted earlier, and the "video production department" interviewed us for our impression of the record. Let's hope my interview doesn't show up anywhere...I've got a face for radio.



your mug has at least made one shot on instagram - luckily it's a background shot ;)
User avatar
love_islander
Little People
 
Posts: 4625
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: "Dodge & Burn" Listening Party +1 Available

Postby jesxsmith » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:47 am

Aquamarine wrote:I didn't notice him, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jack had a PA, or at the very least a TMR employee whose sole job was to supply his every need when he's in a professional setting. I think most artists of his stature have PAs these days.


I asked him if he was Jack's bodyguard because he looked very protective of him and he said ehhhh sort of lol Maybe he was Lalo's apprentice, a back up body man.
User avatar
jesxsmith
Little Bird
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:10 am

Re: "Dodge & Burn" Listening Party +1 Available

Postby Aquamarine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:35 am

jesxsmith wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:I didn't notice him, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jack had a PA, or at the very least a TMR employee whose sole job was to supply his every need when he's in a professional setting. I think most artists of his stature have PAs these days.


I asked him if he was Jack's bodyguard because he looked very protective of him and he said ehhhh sort of lol Maybe he was Lalo's apprentice, a back up body man.


Bizarre that I didn't notice him, but I guess I was distracted. :lol:
User avatar
Aquamarine
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:42 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Re:

Postby rsimms3 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:09 pm

dylnfan wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
dylnfan wrote:Driving back now, will post more later. Until then...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439847573.954408.jpg


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439847589.227933.jpg


Advanced listening party with the band, signatures and a one-of-a-kind photo print. Music fan perfection.


It was pretty epic. Couple of random thoughts, as I don't have time to write a full review of the experience (buried in work after missing yesterday).

1. The Stone Fox served up tasty libations (was driving so I had to pass) and grilled dogs w/pickled cabbage, mango salsa, and jalapeño ranch. Could have eaten them all day.

2. We all got a full tour of the TMR facilities (sans the main office space for some reason) - recording booth, design department, merch storage, distribution/packaging center, office space, etc. The office space is done up to look like an old manufacturing plant, that was at one point converted to a hotel, then the record business that it is now. My description does not even do it justice, only pictures will make sense. Oh yeah, and there's an elevator built to look like it's housed in a giant old blast furnace.

3. Stripped us of all phones and personal belongings before entering the blue room, where we were greeted individually by Jack. It was too freaking weird. I was so blown away by the room itself, that I had to do a double take when Jack introduced himself to me. Pretty cool, he really made an effort to introduce and shake everyone's hand. Did the same throughout the time we were listening to the record...moving across the room and sitting next to folks, getting people drinks, chatting folks up about the record, etc.

4. Per the aforementioned chatting, turns out Jack's favorite track on the new LP is "Three Dollar Hat," while all of the DW's friends like "Let Me Through." He said he was particularly proud of his performance on 3$Hat and, believe me, he's got every reason to be. It's got an incredibly cool hip-hop vibe, the drumming is insane, etc. Folks are really going to dig it.

5. My impression of the LP - heavy as fuck, and consistently good. Instantly loved most tracks but highlights were "I Feel Love" (vocal track and time changes are wicked), "Three Dollar Hat" (again, super cool hip-hop vibe), "Be Still" (Allison's vocal track is unbelievable), and "Impossible Winner." The latter will blow folks away, as it doesn't necessarily fit with anything else on the record. It's anthemic, uplifting, and according to Jack, "the best song Allison has ever written." I couldn't help gushing to Dean about how much it sounded like an old Queen track (as a kid who grew up on 70's rock, he totally took that as a compliment).

6. After the record was over, we were invited to stick around, chat with the band, get pics, etc. Everyone was incredibly gracious and appeared to genuinely enjoy talking with us. On our way out, we got a goodie back w/the signed HYFTH single I posted earlier, and the "video production department" interviewed us for our impression of the record. Let's hope my interview doesn't show up anywhere...I've got a face for radio.

Anyway, an incredible time that will not be forgotten. BTW, if some of you were hesitating to enter the contest thinking you'll never get selected, Cam said that because of the short notice you had about a 1/25 chance of winning...not bad really. And he's still not divulging the number of Vault members, so don't bother asking. LOL! :lol:


One other addition, I think Jack has a personal assistant or butler or something. There was this young guy following him around the whole time, getting him shit, getting him out of sticky fan situations, buttling, etc. LOL. He was wearing what looked like TMR-styled sherwani. Very odd.


Sticky fan situations? What, like making s'mores or something?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
User avatar
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant
 
Posts: 8662
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Re:

Postby dylnfan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:04 pm

love_islander wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
dylnfan wrote:Driving back now, will post more later. Until then...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439847573.954408.jpg


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439847589.227933.jpg


Advanced listening party with the band, signatures and a one-of-a-kind photo print. Music fan perfection.




6. After the record was over, we were invited to stick around, chat with the band, get pics, etc. Everyone was incredibly gracious and appeared to genuinely enjoy talking with us. On our way out, we got a goodie back w/the signed HYFTH single I posted earlier, and the "video production department" interviewed us for our impression of the record. Let's hope my interview doesn't show up anywhere...I've got a face for radio.



your mug has at least made one shot on instagram - luckily it's a background shot ;)


LOL! I know right...scary! Good thing drummin was there to take on the spotlight. :-)
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
User avatar
dylnfan
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 3020
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: "Dodge & Burn" Listening Party +1 Available

Postby dylnfan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:10 pm

jesxsmith wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:I didn't notice him, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jack had a PA, or at the very least a TMR employee whose sole job was to supply his every need when he's in a professional setting. I think most artists of his stature have PAs these days.


I asked him if he was Jack's bodyguard because he looked very protective of him and he said ehhhh sort of lol Maybe he was Lalo's apprentice, a back up body man.


I thought the same thing, but if he is a back up, I hope he knows some serious kung fu or something "he just a little guy."

http://www.gotwavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Tommy_Boy&quote=agoodone.txt&file=agoodone.mp3
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
User avatar
dylnfan
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 3020
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: Re:

Postby dylnfan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:12 pm

rsimms3 wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
dylnfan wrote:Driving back now, will post more later. Until then...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439847573.954408.jpg


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439847589.227933.jpg


Advanced listening party with the band, signatures and a one-of-a-kind photo print. Music fan perfection.


It was pretty epic. Couple of random thoughts, as I don't have time to write a full review of the experience (buried in work after missing yesterday).

1. The Stone Fox served up tasty libations (was driving so I had to pass) and grilled dogs w/pickled cabbage, mango salsa, and jalapeño ranch. Could have eaten them all day.

2. We all got a full tour of the TMR facilities (sans the main office space for some reason) - recording booth, design department, merch storage, distribution/packaging center, office space, etc. The office space is done up to look like an old manufacturing plant, that was at one point converted to a hotel, then the record business that it is now. My description does not even do it justice, only pictures will make sense. Oh yeah, and there's an elevator built to look like it's housed in a giant old blast furnace.

3. Stripped us of all phones and personal belongings before entering the blue room, where we were greeted individually by Jack. It was too freaking weird. I was so blown away by the room itself, that I had to do a double take when Jack introduced himself to me. Pretty cool, he really made an effort to introduce and shake everyone's hand. Did the same throughout the time we were listening to the record...moving across the room and sitting next to folks, getting people drinks, chatting folks up about the record, etc.

4. Per the aforementioned chatting, turns out Jack's favorite track on the new LP is "Three Dollar Hat," while all of the DW's friends like "Let Me Through." He said he was particularly proud of his performance on 3$Hat and, believe me, he's got every reason to be. It's got an incredibly cool hip-hop vibe, the drumming is insane, etc. Folks are really going to dig it.

5. My impression of the LP - heavy as fuck, and consistently good. Instantly loved most tracks but highlights were "I Feel Love" (vocal track and time changes are wicked), "Three Dollar Hat" (again, super cool hip-hop vibe), "Be Still" (Allison's vocal track is unbelievable), and "Impossible Winner." The latter will blow folks away, as it doesn't necessarily fit with anything else on the record. It's anthemic, uplifting, and according to Jack, "the best song Allison has ever written." I couldn't help gushing to Dean about how much it sounded like an old Queen track (as a kid who grew up on 70's rock, he totally took that as a compliment).

6. After the record was over, we were invited to stick around, chat with the band, get pics, etc. Everyone was incredibly gracious and appeared to genuinely enjoy talking with us. On our way out, we got a goodie back w/the signed HYFTH single I posted earlier, and the "video production department" interviewed us for our impression of the record. Let's hope my interview doesn't show up anywhere...I've got a face for radio.

Anyway, an incredible time that will not be forgotten. BTW, if some of you were hesitating to enter the contest thinking you'll never get selected, Cam said that because of the short notice you had about a 1/25 chance of winning...not bad really. And he's still not divulging the number of Vault members, so don't bother asking. LOL! :lol:


One other addition, I think Jack has a personal assistant or butler or something. There was this young guy following him around the whole time, getting him shit, getting him out of sticky fan situations, buttling, etc. LOL. He was wearing what looked like TMR-styled sherwani. Very odd.


Sticky fan situations? What, like making s'mores or something?


"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
User avatar
dylnfan
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 3020
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron