TMR LA Popup - Spider and Butterfly Prints 09

Rob Jones at Animal Rummy
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

TMR LA Popup - Spider and Butterfly Prints 09

Post by kevron6 »

I do no know why this is bugging me but there seems to be some confusion on who did the butterfly and spider prints for TMR they are Todd Slater prints and not Rob Jones. I really like the prints but I argued with some lady on eBay today about who did the prints and it jist irritates me that she has them listed as Rob Jones prints. End of rant.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Re: TMR Spider and Butterfly Prints

Post by candycaneboy03 »

I went to TMR today...i have two spares of the butterfly prints....one may already be spoken for but i'm trying to think of a nice way to raffle one of them off for face before anyone tries to hit up ebay at escalated prices.

oh and everyone at TMR was saying that these were rob jones posters today...so that lady probably wouldnt know any better anyway. i mean i know if it wasn't for you and all the other poster guys here i wouldn't know this from that...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

They look sick and I hope that if any new record box coming to have those pics on it
I dont know what to say regarding who created them.
They look like RJ as much as I would say they are Slaters also
With that Seattle 09 being a Slater and the LA Wiltern being an AA I think nobody can be sure
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
brabo
Little Bird

Post by brabo »

I was confused on this one too. If you compare the type/font on the Third Man LA(butterfly)and the DW Seattle they are exactly the same. Conclusion=Slater
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

anyone emailed Slater asking when will those be on sale or IF the will be?
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

candycaneboy03 wrote:I went to TMR today...i have two spares of the butterfly prints....one may already be spoken for but i'm trying to think of a nice way to raffle one of them off for face before anyone tries to hit up ebay at escalated prices.

oh and everyone at TMR was saying that these were rob jones posters today...so that lady probably wouldnt know any better anyway. i mean i know if it wasn't for you and all the other poster guys here i wouldn't know this from that...
I'm interested in one of these, if you still have an extra. LOVE the butterfly bones one.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Well, the Dead Weather site says that the TDW t-shirt with the same design is a Todd Slater, so I'd go with that.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

They are definitely Todd Slater who does some really great prints including both of these. I will e-mail and ask him if he will have these for sale on his website. Most Rob Jones posters are pretty easy to tell because they say Poster By Rob Jones at ANIMALRUMMY.Com
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Those bones definitely belong to Slater. He's made so many great prints from bone collages or skeletons.
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

kevron6 wrote: Most Rob Jones posters are pretty easy to tell because they say Poster By Rob Jones at ANIMALRUMMY.Com
yeah, that makes it quite easy to know they are RJ :lol:
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: TMR LA Popup - Spider and Butterfly Prints 09

Post by trickster »

Thanks very much. If you sign up for the mailing list on www.toddslater.net I will be putting them up for sale in the next few weeks.

I need to double check numbers but I believe the Bizarro print of the spider is an edition of 133 and the bone butterfly is 233.

-Todd.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

for anyone not aware, i'm doing a raffle for a chance to buy the butterfly posters at face over at the LR.....

http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/inde ... opic=65300 thats the link to the thread over in the LR.

this'll give you a chance to get the prints before they go on sale via Todds site...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

I love both of these posters. So pretty! I love the double image that is not noticeable at first glance.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
shootsright77
Little Bird

Post by shootsright77 »

I have the butterfly and would like to trade it for a spider. Anyone interested? It would be greatly appreciated.
shootsright77
Little Bird

Post by shootsright77 »

These are the two posters I got from the show, would really dig trading someone out for the spider. I realize it is going to be on sale at Todd's website, but not really into spending the money and would prefer to trade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.