Gigposter: Los Angeles 09 Roxy

Rob Jones at Animal Rummy
trickster
Greek Mod

Gigposter: Los Angeles 09 Roxy

Post by trickster »

This topic is dedicated to the gigposter for the The Dead Weather at the Roxy in Los Angeles by Rob Jones.

ImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by trickster on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: Gigposter: Los Angeles 09 Roxy

Post by 7th_son »

Well it looks nice. Now what is it? I kind of see something similar to the grateful dead skull there at the top centre.

Rob is really into symmetry and beauty this tour. Should make for some interesting stuff.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

If you didn't notice, there is a set of teeth in the bottom part of the design.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Wonder if it glows in the dark? I have no idea what it is. I know it is a reference to some obscure horror film but other than that I have no idea.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

The rings look to me to be made of radiographs of coiled snake skeletons (at least that's what an x-ray of a snake skeleton would look like) with dog/wolf teeth superimposed at the bottom. Obviously some kind of Whitesnake/Wolfsbane tribute
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

icdvet wrote:The rings look to me to be made of radiographs of coiled snake skeletons (at least that's what an x-ray of a snake skeleton would look like) with dog/wolf teeth superimposed at the bottom. Obviously some kind of Whitesnake/Wolfsbane tribute
Good call, I didn't know snake skeletons looked quite like that. Have you nursed many back to health? ;)
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

Snakes are cool but my specialties are mice and monkeys. If you've got a sick mouse, I am your man...
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

icdvet wrote:Snakes are cool but my specialties are mice and monkeys. If you've got a sick mouse, I am your man...
No shit, I work with mice all the time and may just take you up on that. I'm using several genetic knockout lines to study mast cell signaling in allergic inflammation and cancer. One breeding pair are heterozygotes and their offspring are often not very healthy. :(
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

7th_son wrote:
icdvet wrote:Snakes are cool but my specialties are mice and monkeys. If you've got a sick mouse, I am your man...
No shit, I work with mice all the time and may just take you up on that. I'm using several genetic knockout lines to study mast cell signaling in allergic inflammation and cancer. One breeding pair are heterozygotes and their offspring are often not very healthy. :(
Blah Blah Blah-Blah-Blah Blah
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

higherlimits wrote:
7th_son wrote:
Blah Blah Blah-Blah-Blah Blah
Hey! This is an on-line forum, you gotta expect occasional manifestations of geek behavior. But maybe 7th son should pm me so we don't get the "artists" upset.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

icdvet wrote:
Hey! This is an on-line forum, you gotta expect occasional manifestations of geek behavior. But maybe 7th son should pm me so we don't get the "artists" upset.
Fair point fair point. No animals were hurt in the posting of this post! :)
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Way to go Ian and Adam are you trying to get PETA to shutdown the website or something.

I have an LA poster on it's way to me cannot wait to see it in person.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426