Gigposter: Chicago IL Jul 30th 2010 by Rob Jones

Rob Jones at Animal Rummy
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Re: Gigposter: Chicago IL Jul 30th 2010 by Rob Jones

Post by mkuborn »

"the artist" haha. what $50? $60? I guess you might expect TMR to front the tube/shipping cost but really no one promised you a poster at the show, just a cool thing they do for the fans...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

mkuborn wrote:"the artist" haha. what $50? $60? I guess you might expect TMR to front the tube/shipping cost but really no one promised you a poster at the show, just a cool thing they do for the fans...
Huh? I don't follow. I never expect a poster at any show, so I am not sure what your comment is referring to. Do you routinely purchase damaged goods at full price plus the cost of the packaging? Shipping is like tax, I have no issue with that but given that the poster is damaged from the get go, I would think there could be some consideration for that. I never complained about any part of it, simply stating my opinion on the cost of the poster given the known damage. Cost of this poster is $40 plus shipping. At the show it would have sold for $35 tax free and I had brought my own tube.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

I wasn't criticizing, sorry if it sounded that way, just stating fact. I am glad people are getting the poster from their show, maybe i am just jealous i have seen the DW seven or eight times and not been to a gig with a RJ poster haha. Hey, do you have any more of what i am guessing your avatar is?
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Even though its damaged I want it its my first time seeing the dead weather in chicago and my first RJ of a show I actually went to.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

mkuborn wrote:I wasn't criticizing, sorry if it sounded that way, just stating fact. I am glad people are getting the poster from their show, maybe i am just jealous i have seen the DW seven or eight times and not been to a gig with a RJ poster haha. Hey, do you have any more of what i am guessing your avatar is?
Sorry, just the one that I got as sort of a fluke standing outside waiting after the show as the crew loaded the equipment trailer.

@littleacorn - 4 of the 6 shows I have been to have had RJ posters; the three Detroit shows and Chicago. I am not so much a fan of the Mexican Chocolate from Memphis or the Aesthetic Apparatus from Columbus.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Wana sell the mexican choc one since they are NEVER going to put it on their site or respond to fucking emails.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

mkuborn wrote:Wana sell the mexican choc one since they are NEVER going to put it on their site or respond to fucking emails.
Sorry, no. It's the only one I have and I will probably never see another one. That's a shame they don't answer emails, could probably make some good money if they did.
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

mexican choc? explain please.
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Google it. They are a designer, do alot of Mars Volta posters, pretty amazing stuff!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Received an email requesting payment for this poster today. They are only accepting PayPal so if you ordered one and don't have an account, now is the time to get one. By their estimate if I pay today I should get it late next week.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

This showed up on my doorstep today awesome poster in person too bad they got dinged up. It will frame out im sure but I honestly have no wall space in my little room for it to go. on a side note mine is numbered 99/120 which matches the milwaukee poster I bought the night of the show
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

littleacorn wrote:This showed up on my doorstep today awesome poster in person too bad they got dinged up. It will frame out im sure but I honestly have no wall space in my little room for it to go. on a side note mine is numbered 99/120 which matches the milwaukee poster I bought the night of the show
Didn't get mine yet, maybe Monday. How bad was it dinged up?
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Well the left edge is dinged up in the middle and both right corners are dinged up but honestly I could care less I was just a little tweaked about the price since they are damaged but whatcha gunna do.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Got mine Friday...gorgeous print, I expected gray from the online images, but it's actually a steel blue. RE condition, only a slight bend in the bottom right corner, otherwise perfect. The wife's should be on the way, so if folks are still interested, I'll be sending out PMs. On a side note, I've got an extra DW Billings Montana print available if anyone's looking.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Finally received my poster today. The lower right hand corner was damaged with extreme prejudice and looks like a crinkle cut french fry. I can't make out the number either.