Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Bullet holes and photo booths
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by flattop2001 »

Picked up a copy from my local record store today.
The b side is awesome, did not think it would stand up against the live version but I think it is one of the few tracks the DW have managed to capture on vinyl that is better than live. IMHO.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Went to TMR yesterday to pick this up with the DVD. Picure quality is excellent as expected, it is a DVD-R with printed label in a photocopied sleeve cant complain for free I suppose. They were also allowing people to buy 2 each so wont be surprised to see a lot on eBay.

They had a few sets of pins which I was missing the two 2004 sets here;

http://www.whitestripes.com/archive/archive.html

and the larger badge 2002 set with the Jack/Meg hearts and a cartoon type picture that I hadn't seen before.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

US promo
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Once again White Swirl comes through. I picked up a sealed I Cut Like A Buffalo from my local and it had the DVD inside. I had no clue it existed. So I think to myself, I should search Swirl and see what comes up. Boom. I love this place.

love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

That's great you picked it up for a normal price. I've bought/sold this a few times in the past in the $60-80 range. Can't imagine it gets that these days though. I think this was a 100-only item since TMR005 was already a tri for this effectively.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

love_islander wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:14 am That's great you picked it up for a normal price. I've bought/sold this a few times in the past in the $60-80 range. Can't imagine it gets that these days though. I think this was a 100-only item since TMR005 was already a tri for this effectively.
Everything has gone down in value. I blame Facebook. I mean, if White Swirl wasn't still around there's no way I would know anything about this release. If people don't know about releases or the history of releases, it brings desirability way, way down. If this place is ever in danger of being shut down, I hope they warn us so we can save it. It's an invaluable resource for Third Man history and collecting.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

That Facebook group is only interested in Vault releases or things released in the last 3 weeks, and seem to think they're the only releases of any value.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Jamie wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:53 pm That Facebook group is only interested in Vault releases or things released in the last 3 weeks, and seem to think they're the only releases of any value.
When I finally procured my Live in Las Vegas there were scores of members there who didn't know what it was. I mean, it's a valuable group in many ways. I don't wanna knock it too hard. I get most of my heads-up for sales and such there, for instance. But you can't replace these forums in terms of history and appreciation.
benyo
Little Cream Soda

Post by benyo »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 am
love_islander wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:14 am That's great you picked it up for a normal price. I've bought/sold this a few times in the past in the $60-80 range. Can't imagine it gets that these days though. I think this was a 100-only item since TMR005 was already a tri for this effectively.
Everything has gone down in value. I blame Facebook. I mean, if White Swirl wasn't still around there's no way I would know anything about this release. If people don't know about releases or the history of releases, it brings desirability way, way down. If this place is ever in danger of being shut down, I hope they warn us so we can save it. It's an invaluable resource for Third Man history and collecting.
+1
Thats so true. Even, if there are some times you don't visit that frequently, you know that when you do, you find everything here you want to know (or some person will know, if you ask)
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 amIf this place is ever in danger of being shut down, I hope they warn us so we can save it. It's an invaluable resource for Third Man history and collecting.
:clap:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Then perhaps this is a good time to remind people that Ian still pays the bills largely by himself around here... Feel free to kick in here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1584

He also does housekeeping. To give you an idea of what goes on behind the scenes the board is due for another update and there are over 1400 spam posts that currently need deleting/banning.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Thanks for the note guys, good to know you want me to keep renewing!