DEAD WEATHER- Hand Painted TMR-001 Cover Thread

Bullet holes and photo booths
Grimtale
Little People

Re: DEAD WEATHER- Hand Painted TMR-001 Cover Thread

Post by Grimtale »

Mick III wrote:How it was possible to get one of these 7" ?
Shell out about $3000 is the only way these days...
I am everything you hate...
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Oh my god, it's pretty expensive. But originally, how could we get it ?
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

They were given out at the Third Man HQ grand opening.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Given ?! And now it's 3000$. Some people are lucky to live in Nashville.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Living in Nashville had nothing to do with it in that case. Wasn't it an invite-only/win-a-lottery situation to attend that show?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

I think Ben Blackwell put out an invitation on the Little Room, to an event unknown, and the people who replied to that were given instructions on attending x location at x time.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

That is correct. My wife was at the grand opening and that is how she's described it to me many times.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

It was still relatively location-specific. I replied saying I could make it even though I'm international but I wasn't allowed. They chose the people closest to decrease the number of potential no-shows.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Can't remember whether I've ever heard-- How many fans were there? Wasn't it like the SoC show, where it was a small number of fans and a whole lot of friends/family/industry folks?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Kali Durga wrote:Can't remember whether I've ever heard-- How many fans were there? Wasn't it like the SoC show, where it was a small number of fans and a whole lot of friends/family/industry folks?
It was similar to both. My wife just said the opening show was 150 people (which is obvious since there are only 150 hand painted) but she doesn't think there were many more than 50 fans that went and most everyone else were friends or journalists. The Dead Weather SoC show was 25 winners each bringing a friend... I think. There weren't many of us there and the rain/flooding kept others from being able to make it.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yeah, I was at the SoC show. I was brand-spankin' new to this game at that point, knew barely anyone. Would be interesting to see how many people I would recognize from that crowd now, both fellow fans and others. How many folks from Swirl were at the grand opening show aside from your wife?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Kali Durga wrote:Yeah, I was at the SoC show. I was brand-spankin' new to this game at that point, knew barely anyone. Would be interesting to see how many people I would recognize from that crowd now, both fellow fans and others. How many folks from Swirl were at the grand opening show aside from your wife?
I know Roxxan was there, she and someone else from LR stayed at my wife's house that night.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Anyone else have covers they want to add? The more the merrier :D
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
HadItUpTohere
Little Cream Soda

Post by HadItUpTohere »

maxman142001 wrote:Anyone else have covers they want to add? The more the merrier :D
Yeah, I wish.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

maxman142001 wrote:Anyone else have covers they want to add? The more the merrier :D
I have two unseen ones still stashed away, one JW and one AM. Will be fun to show them off on Christmas day a few years down the road or something.
These aren't that hard to obtain, I've owned 8 of the 100 now :-)
Grim
I am everything you hate...