Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo 12"

Bullet holes and photo booths
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo 12"

Post by 7th_son »

That is pretty hilarious and a sign of way overly aggressive buyers right now. People are just so fearful of missing something. Sometimes you gotta play it cool and see how things evolve.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Well now there is another person on the LR that says this about the ICLAB single. Who knows at this point was hoping to grab one but it does not look good for me. If anyone wants to give me a baby shower gift here is your chance :lol:

just spoken to Ben from TMR - The "I cut like a buffalo" ( 7 and 12 ) will not be available from their store - this will stay as a promotional record only !
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

which ben did you talk to? it's weird because swank was all shocked people were paying so much and said they printed up tons of them and "they aren't rare" and that they brought like 300 to the NYC store alone to sell. weird. sorry if i got mis-informed guys!
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

roxxan23 wrote:which ben did you talk to? it's weird because swank was all shocked people were paying so much and said they printed up tons of them and "they aren't rare" and that they brought like 300 to the NYC store alone to sell. weird. sorry if i got mis-informed guys!
Some guy on LR wrote
just spoken to Ben from TMR - The "I cut like a buffalo" ( 7 and 12 ) will not be available from their store - this will stay as a promotional record only !
his name is visage and that was his 1 and only post

So I guess he wants to sell his copies on eBay and his plan is kinda falling apart
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

oh, i thought kevron was saying that HE talked to ben about it too, so then i was like WHAT? i didn't believe it when it was just the guy with 1 post on the LR...
thebends9
Little Cream Soda

Post by thebends9 »

See, but what I dont get is why is it considered something special if it is soon to be readily available? Im not doubting you, I just wish they would make things clearer for everyone.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

thebends9 wrote:See, but what I dont get is why is it considered something special if it is soon to be readily available? Im not doubting you, I just wish they would make things clearer for everyone.
It is not the first time they are messing things up
I am not the only one ended up with several copies of the 12" Horehound (to name one case)

Until they make an official announcement everything is under speculation

By the way between 2 posts that mention a Ben as a source I think the one from a person with total of 1 posts is the most doubtful to be legit
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

roxxan23 wrote:oh, i thought kevron was saying that HE talked to ben about it too, so then i was like WHAT? i didn't believe it when it was just the guy with 1 post on the LR...

I was on my Iphone when I read it and did not notice that he only had one post. Yeah I definitely trust Roxann more than I do someone with 1 post, she always seems to be in the know about this type of stuff. When I talked to Swank he told me more news to come, stay tuned.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

thebends9 wrote:See, but what I dont get is why is it considered something special if it is soon to be readily available? Im not doubting you, I just wish they would make things clearer for everyone.

See Ben Blackwell's interview I think they just like messing with the collectors.
TommyLittle
Little Cream Soda

III

Post by TommyLittle »

III
Last edited by TommyLittle on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

TommyLittle wrote:If it was something that they had readily available, why were there only a limited amount of copies at the NY Third Man Records and the 2nd NY Terminal 5 show (they did say they were sold out after the 2nd Terminal 5 show), and so far none available at the other tour stops? That being said they did have what seemed to be unlimited copies of black vinyl Horehound and you could by as many as you wanted. ICLAB 12" was limited just like the colored Horehound albums.
Wait, they had colored horehound at a show?
thebends9
Little Cream Soda

Post by thebends9 »

7th_son wrote:
TommyLittle wrote:If it was something that they had readily available, why were there only a limited amount of copies at the NY Third Man Records and the 2nd NY Terminal 5 show (they did say they were sold out after the 2nd Terminal 5 show), and so far none available at the other tour stops? That being said they did have what seemed to be unlimited copies of black vinyl Horehound and you could by as many as you wanted. ICLAB 12" was limited just like the colored Horehound albums.
Wait, they had colored horehound at a show?
Yes, I purchased two of them.
evollove
Little Bird

Post by evollove »

anyone want to trade or sell i cut like a buffalo 12" or 45" (tmr-005, or tmr-006)i have alot of cool records i can part with for i cut like a buffalo...
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

kevron6 wrote:
roxxan23 wrote:oh, i thought kevron was saying that HE talked to ben about it too, so then i was like WHAT? i didn't believe it when it was just the guy with 1 post on the LR...

I was on my Iphone when I read it and did not notice that he only had one post. Yeah I definitely trust Roxann more than I do someone with 1 post, she always seems to be in the know about this type of stuff. When I talked to Swank he told me more news to come, stay tuned.
i don't know if it is a matter of trusting me. i mean, i guess i could be lying, but i'm just saying what i was told. we'll see how it turns out. people just have to be patient and not demand info from them right away. sometimes things are fun to keep a mystery. then again, that causes people to sell things on ebay and get $500 for them, but i don't think that's a reason for them to stop doing cool things and keep them interesting and a bit of a mystery.

i remembered last night that ben said they had been giving some out to DJ's, so maybe at this point in time they are using them as promo items. but if they pressed a lot, i don't think it is promo-only. he was clear when he said it was a regular release and not rare.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.