Single: Hang You From The Heavens

Bullet holes and photo booths
seventhson
Little Bird

Re: Single: Hang You From The Heavens

Post by seventhson »

Does anyone know if the version with the Talons is a different pressing or just different packaging?
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

seventhson wrote:Does anyone know if the version with the Talons is a different pressing or just different packaging?
different packaging only
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

I am looking for a handpainted one if anyone is looking to sell or trade.
Cheers
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

So I'm guessing that the latest bizarro single is a second pressing? (New label/packaging) and all. Or is this the third?
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

pics of reverse single
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

I think it would be awesome if every single from now on had the paper covering the hole.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

We need a new section for definitions and basic nomenclature.
1st Pressing, 2nd pressing, Stampers, Masters, run out grooves, Blah, Blah, Blah

Secondly, there are NO 'Rough Trade' versions of this, all copies came from Nashville.

Lastly and most importantly, what are some opinions about the current and future value of the Hand Painted HYFTH??? Does it matter who made them or if the cover is even appealing or not? I have seen three on ebay: $1,500, ~$1,200 and $150 BIN (damn).
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

stoutr wrote: Secondly, there are NO 'Rough Trade' versions of this, all copies came from Nashville.
Confirmed
My copy from rough trade was identical to the TMR one
Sleeve and vinyl label and etches on vinyl all the exact same
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

stoutr wrote:Lastly and most importantly, what are some opinions about the current and future value of the Hand Painted HYFTH??? Does it matter who made them or if the cover is even appealing or not? I have seen three on ebay: $1,500, ~$1,200 and $150 BIN (damn).
What's up? Opinions welcome...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

I don't think there is any doubt that these are and will be the most elusive and valuable records from TDW/TMR...to date at least. Then again, I might be biased. ;) As far as who made which and whether the result was nice is of course very subjective, but I would always prefer the more interesting looking cover myself. Others might pay way more for one done by Jack White.
AstroAvery
Little Bird

Post by AstroAvery »

Tonic&Gin wrote:I think it would be awesome if every single from now on had the paper covering the hole.
nah it sucks when I took my FFB out it stock to the sleeve and now there is a weird little dent in the sleeve. :(
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

stoutr wrote:Lastly and most importantly, what are some opinions about the current and future value of the Hand Painted HYFTH??? Does it matter who made them or if the cover is even appealing or not? I have seen three on ebay: $1,500, ~$1,200 and $150 BIN (damn).
I wouldn't sell my HP HYFTH for $5K. But then again that probably doesn't mean much towards their true value. What surprises me is that no more than three have made it to ebay so far. Wasn't there 150 made, more than any of the tri-colors that we a few of on ebay each week?

-grimtale
I am everything you hate...
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Should have a page for images of hand painted sleeves.
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

You can find it if you go through www.whiteswirl.com but here is a direct link (looks a bit different because I used frames..)

http://www.whiteswirl.com/deadweather/d ... index.html

The website kinda died when I went out of town without much bandwidth but I'm HOPING that it'll pick up sooner than later. I think that the White Stripes part of the site will get worked on first to be honest, it's easier to keep up with something when nothing is happening.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Excellent. Look forward to updates. AN excellent example of what would be GREAT to see is here:
http://www.sliver.it/nirvana/test/pages ... _list.html
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim