Storing a HP HYFTH

Bullet holes and photo booths
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Storing a HP HYFTH

Post by chrono_1980 »

Question for all you experts out there. Just curious how everyone stores their hand painted sleeves. Mine is spray painted, and has some transparencies glued to it, and I'm a bit paranoid about the paint / ink transferring to a standard poly sleeve. I took mine out the other day for a look, and the poly did stick to the cover a bit - no damage, but I am a bit worried.
Grimtale
Little People

Re: Storing a HP HYFTH

Post by Grimtale »

In a box with 3 others?
Grim
I am everything you hate...
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

In a poly sleeve though?
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

In all seriousness,
I've got mine in the Japanese resealable sleeves.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Grimtale wrote:In all seriousness,
Grim
Thanks - I might try that. The poly ones worry me.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Grimtale wrote:In a box with 3 others?
Grim
:lol:

I am curious about this too given my new little baby. I hope it's been put away well enough by my fiance whilst I've been away...
sandman77
Little Cream Soda

Post by sandman77 »

Mine is painted with oil based, artist's paint and is stored in the poly sleeve it came in. I keep it in an LP box and check it every couple months to make sure everything is copacetic. Been like that for a while know and it still looks like it did when I got it.
FireyHadoken
Little Cream Soda

Post by FireyHadoken »

MMM MMM SPAM!
"And if you're saying goodbye
Please don't you think me bitter
For recalling every rhyme
From the book, the page, the line, the word, the letter."
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

Grimtale wrote:In all seriousness,
Grim
I am with Mark on this one - too much pressure or heat on a poly sleeve and you are in trouble.
Mylar is the material of choice for any storage/archiving (vinyl, posters, photos, etc.).
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Please don't smack me upside the head for this following minor hijack—but it is somewhat related:

The FFB bizarro is a one-sided record, so the other side of the uncut label hole still has stickiness. I keep the 7" in its own poly sleeve, but it sticks at the uncut section. Would, say, a piece of wax paper on the sticky part help it from sticking to the poly sleeve? What do y'all do? I fear one day the plastic is going to fuse with the sticker.

And by the way, if I ever owned a HP HYFTH, I think I'd keep it in its own box, away from the hoi polloi of my other singles. :lol: (And probably in a fire-proof safe.)
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

woodisgood wrote:Please don't smack me upside the head for this following minor hijack—but it is somewhat related:

The FFB bizarro is a one-sided record, so the other side of the uncut label hole still has stickiness. I keep the 7" in its own poly sleeve, but it sticks at the uncut section. Would, say, a piece of wax paper on the sticky part help it from sticking to the poly sleeve? What do y'all do? I fear one day the plastic is going to fuse with the sticker.

And by the way, if I ever owned a HP HYFTH, I think I'd keep it in its own box, away from the hoi polloi of my other singles. :lol: (And probably in a fire-proof safe.)
Fireproof does not mean heat proof it would warp to hell if not melt completely.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Careful with some fireproof safes. Some need dessicants, as they have moisture problems!
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

woodisgood wrote:Please don't smack me upside the head for this following minor hijack—but it is somewhat related:

I haven't received mine yet, but just thinkin - you could make a cardboard spacer, with a hole cut out where the label is exposed. I've never heard of this issue - interesting one.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Moller72 wrote:Fireproof does not mean heat proof it would warp to hell if not melt completely.
chrono_1980 wrote:Careful with some fireproof safes. Some need dessicants, as they have moisture problems!
Dang . . . makes me almost not ever want the responsibility of owning a HP.*

Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

woodisgood wrote:
Moller72 wrote:Fireproof does not mean heat proof it would warp to hell if not melt completely.
chrono_1980 wrote:Careful with some fireproof safes. Some need dessicants, as they have moisture problems!
Dang . . . makes me almost not ever want the responsibility of owning a HP.*