TDW Collectors: WTF!?

Bullet holes and photo booths
hawke000

Re: TDW Collectors: WTF!?

Post by hawke000 »

Grimtale wrote:
hawke000 wrote:I have a bike I bought for 50 dollars when I was in Grade 6... Took me all summer of mowing lawns to get it. Best fucking thing I ever bought. I still have the bike.
Yeah but aren't you in like the 7th grade now?
Grim
Still in 6... I blame the education system.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

hawke000 wrote:
Grimtale wrote:
hawke000 wrote:I have a bike I bought for 50 dollars when I was in Grade 6... Took me all summer of mowing lawns to get it. Best fucking thing I ever bought. I still have the bike.
Yeah but aren't you in like the 7th grade now?
Grim
Still in 6... I blame the education system.
If you would study and memorize something besides the lyrics to Seven Nation Army, you might make it to high school...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
lightschuh
Little Acorn

Post by lightschuh »

you guys are awesome. I would never let go of my first records. they are the best vinyl to me
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

I work for below average wage and spent six months pay on one record.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

makers888 wrote:I'm just curious, where do you people get your money. Please shine the light on me, I would seriously consider leaving my job to join you in your business. I've seen several vinyls (some being a small bulk) sell for around if not over $1,000. I guess this refers to WS collectors as well.
Move to Nashville and befriend a few homeless people and before you know it your collection will be self funding
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Free-lance photography of superhero's has been my income source.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

chrono_1980 wrote:Free-lance photography of superhero's has been my income source.
I used to work for the Daily Bugle too, I quit though... Boss was a prick.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Ya, he yells a lot. He is definitely a prick.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Its not a business, its an addiction.
I'm enjoying the replies people. I do agree with the above quote. Jack has a really good head on his shoulders. He gives just enough, while being mystique, to keep A LOT of interest and makes you want more, more, MORE. He maybe a better businessman than musician. Is he to blame? Of course not. We're just all suckers.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

dylnfan wrote:I run a small mobile meth-lab out of the trunk of my 84 Plymouth Reliant.
Hey, don't kid yourself. Meth doesn't sell that well.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Speaking of Plymouth Reliants, there was a 4 month period in my life about 15 years ago that I drove a Plymouth Reliant that had only 3 doors. The missing door? Driver's side.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

makers888 wrote:
dylnfan wrote:I run a small mobile meth-lab out of the trunk of my 84 Plymouth Reliant.
Hey, don't kid yourself. Meth doesn't sell that well.
You'd be surprised...its like candy here in the midwest.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

rsimms3 wrote:Credit cards. Buy low, trade high. I don't have nearly the collection others have in terms of vinyl as I dabble in other things like posters for shows I attend, preferably S/N from the artist.
This is a good formula....I was able to buy a few records in multiples i.e. Triple Deckers, Tris, and early stripes stuff that i was able to trade or sell, and with those profits i buy more and repeat. For instance if you can go to a release with a friend and buy 2 tri colors....keep one, and then sell one. You then have about 150 to save or purchase your next record and the tri you bought! Some would say im a flipper, but i would say im just addicted, and dedicated to my collection. This is just one method I use occasionally to acquire more! Besides I have a wife and a baby, and the ball and chain would murder me if I was just spending, this way it doesnt appear that I spend that much!!!
That can go now.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

rsimms3 wrote:Credit cards. Buy low, trade high. I don't have nearly the collection others have in terms of vinyl as I dabble in other things like posters for shows I attend, preferably S/N from the artist.
Although I'm literally just starting my vinyl collection, I follow the same buy-low sell high...but with posters. I had a collection of posters in 2006-07 that was 100+ prints (prints were from 1998-to present). I've been selling them off to only keep ones from shows I attended. I've got my collection down to about just under half that. Everything I bought was original price ($10-$25) and I've never sold anything for under...I'm not a flipper though. I bought all these prints back then with the intention of keeping them all...One wife, two kids and a house later and there is no way I'll ever put some of them on the wall, so I sell them for others to enjoy...Mind you, I'm not nearly as hardcore as some here...I'm not looking for GITD's or Tri's...I'm just looking for stuff I want to listen to...My next Item I'm going to go after is the WS Live in Las Vegas...fingers crossed.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

I buy this stuff because im a huge fan and I honestly think most of the merch is art, and is really beautiful to look at. I enjoy showing my friends who arent Jack fans all this stuff and watching their amazement. This stuff can be extremeley expensive, and as a collector if I dont take a proactive approach Im gonna miss out, and my only other option is to pay the huge premium! Like many of you with a house, baby, wifey, and everything else I cant afford to pay 800 for a TD, but if i drive down to Nashville with a buddy, pay for a hotel, buy him food and drinks, wait in line, and obtain two of them. Keep one, sell the other. Now I have paid for gas, hotel, food, and selling fees, and now not only do I have a copy, but I was able to avoid paying the ebay premium myself. I know people out there may think this is wrong, but come on...I really have no other option!
That can go now.