Album: Sea of Cowards

Bullet holes and photo booths
User avatar
dylnfan
Little Ghost
Posts: 3058
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by dylnfan » Sat May 22, 2010 2:45 am

stoutr wrote:Does anyone know if the track was in the vinyl or just on the label?
I wondered this too...were the grooves pressed into the label as a separate process, or were they on the stamper when the LP was pressed?
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo

User avatar
mirrorboxer
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:49 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by mirrorboxer » Sun May 23, 2010 5:06 am

I'd love to know what the master plate looked like...Also, i can't see any lead in groove for the tracks either or am I just not seeing them?

User avatar
dylnfan
Little Ghost
Posts: 3058
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by dylnfan » Sun May 23, 2010 5:13 am

mirrorboxer wrote:Also, i can't see any lead in groove for the tracks either or am I just not seeing them?
Sure doesn't look like there's a lead in...I throw the needle on the paper and it eventually drops into the hidden track.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo

User avatar
Grimtale
Little People
Posts: 4976
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by Grimtale » Mon May 24, 2010 1:24 am

I took one for the team...
Here you go.


-Grim
I am everything you hate...

User avatar
love_islander
Little People
Posts: 4646
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by love_islander » Mon May 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Grimtale wrote:I took one for the team...

-Grim
you now have only 19 unplayed copies - aw :P

mkuborn
Little Ghost
Posts: 1143
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:21 am

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by mkuborn » Tue May 25, 2010 4:55 am

So who knows who wrote the liner 'letter.' Reminds me of all Alison's kills stuff.

User avatar
hsp88
Little Ghost
Posts: 2391
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:18 am
Location: NYC & Long Beach, NY
Contact:

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by hsp88 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:51 pm

the bonus tracks in the paper are so awesome, i didn't notice it even being there and now i look and their they are

User avatar
ochfish707
Little Ghost
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by ochfish707 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Grimtale wrote:I took one for the team...
Here you go.


-Grim

since this is now ruined,

can i buy it?
:D
'i'm taking my ball and going home'

User avatar
ochfish707
Little Ghost
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by ochfish707 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:35 am

did anyone get an extra split today that's willing to part with it for face + shipping?
'i'm taking my ball and going home'

User avatar
stoutr
Little Ghost
Posts: 1616
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:57 pm
Location: Portlandia, OREGON
Contact:

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by stoutr » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:57 am

So, not a bad album. What are your thoughts?
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim

User avatar
love_islander
Little People
Posts: 4646
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by love_islander » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:17 am

stoutr wrote:So, not a bad album. What are your thoughts?
I was driving home with this on and thought I should ask the same question!

I don't mind it now I've heard it a few times - it's short, and I Think because I want more. I've made a CD for my car that is all SOC + 1/2 Horehound - there is a distinct difference in style, but in a good way. My toss up favourites are Jawbreaker and I Can't Hear You

User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
Posts: 5523
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by trickster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:57 pm

love_islander wrote:
stoutr wrote:So, not a bad album. What are your thoughts?
I was driving home with this on and thought I should ask the same question!

I don't mind it now I've heard it a few times - it's short, and I Think because I want more. I've made a CD for my car that is all SOC + 1/2 Horehound - there is a distinct difference in style, but in a good way. My toss up favourites are Jawbreaker and I Can't Hear You
Totally agree with you Luke
The fact that it is short makes it more attractive to listen to for me.
I like all songs and I think it makes a nice set with HH.
Even though its (slightly imo) different style I gladly give a back to back listen to these LPs
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426

zman
Little Bird
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:03 am

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by zman » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:57 pm

I think its a pretty good album, with just a few downfalls. Watch my review and I explain a little more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9vrUaJsGA

User avatar
ochfish707
Little Ghost
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by ochfish707 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:57 am

trickster wrote:
love_islander wrote:
stoutr wrote:So, not a bad album. What are your thoughts?
I was driving home with this on and thought I should ask the same question!

I don't mind it now I've heard it a few times - it's short, and I Think because I want more. I've made a CD for my car that is all SOC + 1/2 Horehound - there is a distinct difference in style, but in a good way. My toss up favourites are Jawbreaker and I Can't Hear You
Totally agree with you Luke
The fact that it is short makes it more attractive to listen to for me.
I like all songs and I think it makes a nice set with HH.
Even though its (slightly imo) different style I gladly give a back to back listen to these LPs
WTF is IMO?
'i'm taking my ball and going home'

User avatar
stoutr
Little Ghost
Posts: 1616
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:57 pm
Location: Portlandia, OREGON
Contact:

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by stoutr » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:12 am

In My Opinion

For anyone that actually likes The Dead Weather, make sure to check out Band Of Skulls.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim

Post Reply