Album: Sea of Cowards

Bullet holes and photo booths
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by dylnfan »

kevron6 wrote:If it is okay I can load up the whole youth group at my chuch in the church bus and each member can donate $50 dollars for them to pick you up a record. Those kids would be all over it.
Sold. :lol:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Yeah I'm down.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

dylnfan wrote:
kevron6 wrote:If it is okay I can load up the whole youth group at my chuch in the church bus and each member can donate $50 dollars for them to pick you up a record. Those kids would be all over it.
Sold. :lol:
I will be the guy at the next drop with the huge bus full of teenagers. Those kids would camp out for 72 hours they are full of energy and would probably have a blast doing it.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

kevron6 wrote:I will be the guy at the next drop with the huge bus full of teenagers. Those kids would camp out for 72 hours they are full of energy and would probably have a blast doing it.
Maybe we could make them t-shirts..."I'm Flipping for a White Swriler!" :lol:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

This could work, kevron is a genius. It would be bloody hilarious to see as well!
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

I spent more than $50 just in gas getting there, I could get on board with the idea. :lol:
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Thanks JK - your the best
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

I would throw in 60 for the Tshirt idea. You could make a whole event out of it with the church kids. Buy some plain white Tshirts, a bunch of black, and yellow Sharpies. Have the kids make their own HP "Flippin for Swirler's" shirts and hit 3rd Man.You could sing Hymes and JW songs on the bus and in the line up...Let's make it happen...."Send A Child To 3rd. Man"
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

hahahahaha i would prob go for this too, as long as i can call it child labor and tell people, "oh i have a small child in the south who does that for me." White Swirl Distribution: Putting music on the hands of the fans, i like it.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

"This is little poor little Dylnfan. He spends hundreds of dollars a year to purchase limited edition vinyl and novelties from Third Man Records in Nashville, Tennessee. Why doesn't he move closer? It's not our place to guess. But for just pennies a day, you can make sure that he has records on his turntable, and Jack White-themed tchochke's on his shelf."

:D

- Cmelo
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Sounds like you will be breeding a batch of future flippers.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

Church kids get my vote.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

well douche bag kirby sure scored... has sold 3 splits for $200 a pop and one still listed.
kinda makes me sick.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Sounds like you will be breeding a batch of future flippers.
Aaron let me ask you a question and you know I like you so please do not take it personal. Have you ever bought anything to resell and make money off of? Did you think it was morally okay? Do you hate people that buy real estate and flip it for a profit? Would you buy an album of a band you did not like if you knew you could sell it for a large profit? We all have frustrations with the Clarksville Kirby and Musianusa's of the world but is your hatred limited to people who only flip TMR stuff or is it all people who buy stuff only to sell it? Just wondering because you seem really passionate about the subject.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

kevron6 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:Sounds like you will be breeding a batch of future flippers.
Aaron let me ask you a question and you know I like you so please do not take it personal. Have you ever bought anything to resell and make money off of? Did you think it was morally okay? Do you hate people that buy real estate and flip it for a profit? Would you buy an album of a band you did not like if you knew you could sell it for a large profit? We all have frustrations with the Clarksville Kirby and Musianusa's of the world but is your hatred limited to people who only flip TMR stuff or is it all people who buy stuff only to sell it? Just wondering because you seem really passionate about the subject.
Nope, I've never bought anything with the purpose of reselling it to make money off of it. As for real estate people, the shows I've seen on tv where they "flip a house", usually they buy a cheap, run down house, put a lot of work and money into it, usually over months, and then flip it. I don't really consider driving a few hours, taking a day off work and waiting in the sun in the same light. As for buying something of a band I didn't like to make profit, nope, probably wouldn't do that either, not only because I don't have the extra cash to be doing so, but also cause I just don't care to. Yeah I understand that if I'm this passionate about flipping and whatnot it should probably extend further than TMR, but I have no other interests that flipping is involved with so it doesn't affect me and I don't think about it. Sure, flipping is probably involved in quite a few more things in my daily life that I'm not aware of, but out of site, out of mind. If I didn't know the original prices of TMR stuff being $10, $15 and $30 and believing that they cost $100, $150 and $300, then I wouldn't have a problem with it, I wouldn't be able to afford any of it, but I wouldn't hate on whoever is selling, I would just see that as the price and know that it's too expensive and I won't buy it.

And no worries, I didn't take any offense in the least. I just hope the flipper mentality doesn't get burned into a child's brain that kids can make a quick buck off of fans. I understand, that people will pay whatever they feel it is worth and if they think its too much, then they don't have to, but I still frown on seeing/hearing people buy something for $25 and have it up minutes later for $200-300. But then again, it's a fundraiser for your church and involves kids getting out and doing something besides sitting at home playing video games and getting to experience vinyl. :)
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+