Single: Die by the Drop

Bullet holes and photo booths
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Single: Die by the Drop

Post by kevron6 »

Well you will continue to have the same problem then unless collectors suddenly were willing to pay less for the rare tri-colors.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

kevron6 wrote:Well you will continue to have the same problem then unless collectors suddenly were willing to pay less for the rare tri-colors.
You will have the same problem if flippers can still easily buy a tri in Nash. The limited number of the Tri is not the problem (if there were not limited, there would be less attractive). The problem is their easy availability for flippers in Nashville. I think.
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

HappyDad wrote:
kevron6 wrote:Well you will continue to have the same problem then unless collectors suddenly were willing to pay less for the rare tri-colors.
You will have the same problem if flippers can still easily buy a tri in Nash. The limited number of the Tri is not the problem (if there were not limited, there would be less attractive). The problem is their easy availability for flippers in Nashville. I think.
I agree. Anytime you can grab four buddies (or worse) who don't know chit about Jack or TMR and drag them down with you to buy records for a nominal fee... you will have flipping. Spreading them out will at least solve the flipper issue but might not solve the fact that you might not get one and to get one you'll have to pay dearly. But at least these jerks won't be making cash time after time ripping good ole TMR and the rest of us off.
-Grim
I am everything you hate...
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Well now I'm torn, I was planning to travel down to Nashville for the next release just so I could finally get a tri-color. If I might not have that chance, why bother with the trip?
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Grimtale wrote:
HappyDad wrote:
I agree. Anytime you can grab four buddies (or worse) who don't know chit about Jack or TMR and drag them down with you to buy records for a nominal fee... you will have flipping. Spreading them out will at least solve the flipper issue but might not solve the fact that you might not get one and to get one you'll have to pay dearly. But at least these jerks won't be making cash time after time ripping good ole TMR and the rest of us off.
-Grim

It would be kind of funny if they put all the new releases behind he counter the first week and you can buy one but it is just random luck if you get a tri-color or not kind of like the mail order thing. No easy solution to this problem other than to make all tri-colors or a bigger release of tri-colors avaialable online with the first 500 being tri-colors then the rest being normal black vinyl. Or you could just quit making tri-colors altogether.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I have been to Nashville twice on release dates to get tris I really wanted. It works out more expensive than buying off ebay, but you get the experience, and the chance to pick up a few other bits. Planning to go again for the DW album release in May, but will need to book flights in a couple of weeks to get decent prices. I will be pissed if after this they change the rules.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

flattop2001 wrote:I have been to Nashville twice on release dates to get tris I really wanted. It works out more expensive than buying off ebay, but you get the experience, and the chance to pick up a few other bits. Planning to go again for the DW album release in May, but will need to book flights in a couple of weeks to get decent prices. I will be pissed if after this they change the rules.

I would definitely confirm before booking the flights just to make sure. Jimmy you are more dedicated than anyone I have met.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

runofthemill wrote:Well now I'm torn, I was planning to travel down to Nashville for the next release just so I could finally get a tri-color. If I might not have that chance, why bother with the trip?
to actually go to the store - if I ever get to the US I'll be stopping by
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

A D.P. i work with is going on to a movie shooting in Memphis and i am praying they don't hire much local crew so I can be in TN for this.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Isn't today the pre-order date?
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

yah supposedly and dex live was supposed to be released online yesterday i think something big is brewing at tmr.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

It is up on tmr
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

mkuborn wrote:It is up on tmr
Yay!
But no Dex Live or Slipmat/adapters :(
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Available now for pre order through our online store. 100 Tri colors of Die By The Drop will be available at Third Man on April 6th. We’ll be handling how these are sold a little differently this time around, so stay tuned for news of that really soon... 50 random Tri Colors will still be inserted in random mail orders!
Hmmm... wonder what they will be doing?
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

I was order #3321. Looks like someone is going to get lucky order #3333 soon.

I will glady trade a tri-color for SXSW stuff. PM me, byatch.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim