Single: Die by the Drop

Bullet holes and photo booths
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Re: Single: Die by the Drop

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I don't think this will really stop any flippers, just a deterrent to those that already had made plans, whether they are fans or not. Meg called me, super pissed once she read about the new plan for tri color release, as she requested off this tuesday about 3 weeks ago and originally had no way of getting to Nashville on Saturday. Luckily she made a couple calls and managed to get it covered, so she'll be there in a Vault shirt, as well as a million others. I have a feeling that it'll be verrry busy with this being done on Saturday.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I don't think this will really stop any flippers, just a deterrent to those that already had made plans, whether they are fans or not. Meg called me, super pissed once she read about the new plan for tri color release, as she requested off this tuesday about 3 weeks ago and originally had no way of getting to Nashville on Saturday. Luckily she made a couple calls and managed to get it covered, so she'll be there in a Vault shirt, as well as a million others. I have a feeling that it'll be verrry busy with this being done on Saturday.

I think you are right I think the amount of tricolors you see on eBay will be about the same as every other release.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

kevron6 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:I don't think this will really stop any flippers, just a deterrent to those that already had made plans, whether they are fans or not. Meg called me, super pissed once she read about the new plan for tri color release, as she requested off this tuesday about 3 weeks ago and originally had no way of getting to Nashville on Saturday. Luckily she made a couple calls and managed to get it covered, so she'll be there in a Vault shirt, as well as a million others. I have a feeling that it'll be verrry busy with this being done on Saturday.

I think you are right I think the amount of tricolors you see on eBay will be about the same as every other release.
The amount of Karen Elson tri's on ebay has been a lot less - whatever happened down there worked - or was it just like every other release?
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

love_islander wrote:
kevron6 wrote:

The amount of Karen Elson tri's on ebay has been a lot less - whatever happened down there worked - or was it just like every other release?

It seemed like alot of people passed on the Karen Tri-color and bought the 8" singles or 13" LP's. They were about gone when I got down to the store but it was also about 2:00-3:00 and I fully expected them to be sold out already.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
zman
Little Bird

Post by zman »

One true solution to stopping flippers: Stop making tri-colors. It should be about the music, not the rarity. Pretty soon people are going to start killing each other to get drug money with these things. Yes, that was sarcasm.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

You can download the vid free on itunes... SCORE
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

thanks for the heads up....nice little evening delight for me...and it'll keep me busy until they decide to stop toying with us and let us know what the new vault package is gunna have...

it seems like the DW have dabbled in some of the marilyn manson music video aesthetics... (e.g. disposable teens, the nobodies)..... and personally... i'm really really enjoying it...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hawke000 wrote:You can download the vid free on itunes... SCORE
I hope its still there by the time I get to download it...
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

its because it's floria the director... She put manson on the map with "beautiful people" it's totally her style. Same with Blue Orchid.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Not available on Greek iTunes :cry:
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

trickster wrote:
Not available on Greek iTunes :cry:
Soon on youtube ....
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

runofthemill wrote: Saturday April 10th and let's stamp out these flippers!
Saturday April 10th open 11-4pm Sunday April 11th open 12-4pm
[/quote]

Oh, yes, I definitely like this idea. It is next to impossible to get to Nashville during the week.[/quote]

I don't understand why weekend sales are more difficult for flippers. I would think it easier for them to convince friends to come along without missing work. Simple solution is press enough to satisfy demand, say 1000 and sell them exclusivley through the store. That way they would be available for at least a week or two and most people who can get there could go.

Great idea on the vault extra, but why limit it to the weekend? They could record vault i'd to stop multiple claims.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Jimmy the solution is easy, but it is really more of a matter of whether TMR truly wants to solve the problem. In all fairness to TMR if it were my store I would not want to stop the hype and buzz they create with the tri-color releases. These releases have really helped put them on the map and in many ways acts as advertising for the record label and physical store.

Okay rant over I will see you in Nashville Saturday. I am getting in line at 1:30 a.m.
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

AWESOME! Thanks!
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

kevron6 wrote: I am getting in line at 1:30 a.m.
I'm still trying to figure out what time to show up. I don't think I can be there that early.