Dodge And Burn

Bullet holes and photo booths
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: Dodge And Burn

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 4.54.07 PM.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Interesting that these listening two parties don't seem to be limited to Vault members.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

not sure it's worth being on the road for 10 hours to get there.. it'd also be a tough drive for a 1 year old.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Phones or recording devices will be allowed?!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

koala wrote:Phones or recording devices will be allowed?!

se·ri·al com·ma
noun
noun: Oxford comma
a comma used after the penultimate item in a list of three or more items, before ‘and’ or ‘or’ (e.g., an Italian painter, sculptor, and architect ).
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Kali Durga wrote:
koala wrote:Phones or recording devices will be allowed?!

se·ri·al com·ma
noun
noun: Oxford comma
a comma used after the penultimate item in a list of three or more items, before ‘and’ or ‘or’ (e.g., an Italian painter, sculptor, and architect ).
I didn't notice the comma. :lol:
Please excuse my stupidity.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That's just it-- There wasn't one where there probably should'a been one ;)
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

They didn't even use the Oxford comma.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Serial comma = Oxford comma
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

But there is a comma!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

PugFaceRex wrote:Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?
Have you been on the internet lately? There's a whole cult devoted to it's uprising in grammar.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

rsimms3 wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?
Have you been on the internet lately? There's a whole cult devoted to it's uprising in grammar.
I've seen those English dramas too, they're cruel. So, if there's any other way to spell the word, it's fine with me.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

koala wrote:But there is a comma!
Yes, but if they don't want people to use phones and/or recording devices, there should be two commas. The lack of that second comma is what makes it sound as if those devices will be allowed.

Y'all reading this, TMR? Jack can get away with questionable grammar and punctuation, and a lack of case sensitivity (though his grammar is actually usually just fine). These official announcements, though... Ya gotta be careful!