Dodge And Burn

Bullet holes and photo booths
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Re: Dodge And Burn

Post by JonnyH »

PugFaceRex wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?
Have you been on the internet lately? There's a whole cult devoted to it's uprising in grammar.
I've seen those English dramas too, they're cruel. So, if there's any other way to spell the word, it's fine with me.

<3 ! :clap:
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Me right now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

hsp88 wrote:Me right now
See you there!!!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Sweet!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Then_It_Rained
Little Bird

Post by Then_It_Rained »

Hey guys, if anyone needs a plus one, I'd be forever grateful.

I'm Samantha, I live in NYC and could help with travel/hotel expenses if anyone is travelling in. Would mean the world to me, truly.

Also have 2 NYPL Paramount 78s if anyone is looking for those.

Thank you and congrats to the winners!

Sam
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Do I bring an album with me to get signed, or what? Not sure if they'll definitely be there... also it seems like there will be a fair amount of people based off of the responses i've seen on the thirdman records collectors FB page and vault page.

I will not be bringing anything with me.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Dr.Zissou wrote:Do I bring an album with me to get signed, or what? Not sure if they'll definitely be there... also it seems like there will be a fair amount of people based off of the responses i've seen on the thirdman records collectors FB page and vault page.

Take the cover of a 7" record of theirs and your own Sharpie. Cheap to replace them if you can't bring them in. Better safe than sorry, always!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Dr.Zissou wrote:Do I bring an album with me to get signed, or what? Not sure if they'll definitely be there... also it seems like there will be a fair amount of people based off of the responses i've seen on the thirdman records collectors FB page and vault page.

Wasn't sure myself if TDW would be there but the advertisement definitely says Third Man Records Cordially Invites You to Join The Dead Weather blah blah blah
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
jesxsmith
Little Bird

Post by jesxsmith »

In Nashville we had to check everything and they said no signings. I didn't bring anything for them to sign but another guy did and he said Swank made fun of him for it lol But like the other guy said I don't guess it'd hurt to try! You're about to have a reallllllly good time, Congrats!!!
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

jesxsmith wrote:

In Nashville we had to check everything and they said no signings. I didn't bring anything for them to sign but another guy did and he said Swank made fun of him for it lol But like the other guy said I don't guess it'd hurt to try! You're about to have a reallllllly good time, Congrats!!!
Thanks! I'm pretty stoked right now, it's hard to concentrate on anything else. Did they have seating at the Nashville party? My wife is pregnant... She'll definitely want to sit.

I emailed them, they have seating. Super excited.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Dr.Zissou wrote:
jesxsmith wrote:

Thanks! I'm pretty stoked right now, it's hard to concentrate on anything else. Did they have seating at the Nashville party? My wife is pregnant... She'll definitely want to sit.

I emailed them, they have seating. Super excited.
We were all sitting while the album was being played in Nashville, even Jack was sitting on the floor at times.

If anybody needs a +1, you can't do better than Then_It_Rained, do yourself a favor!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:If anybody needs a +1, you can't do better than Then_It_Rained, do yourself a favor!
I'll 2nd that +1 recommendation.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

I took my bizarro HYFTH to the Nashville listening party and the confiscated everything before entering. Said the band wouldn't be signing anything.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Why worry with autographs, they gave everyone an autographed DW 45 when they left the Nashville Gathering !!!
That's how they roll ....
Just go and be human and have a great experience
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Alabama Woody wrote:Just go and be human and have a great experience
That's some damned good advice right there.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."