Dodge And Burn

Bullet holes and photo booths
dreamover
Little Acorn

Re: Dodge And Burn

Post by dreamover »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Picked mine up today, only $2.00 more than the standard CD.

free photo upload
only came in large, right?
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
hunkswithguns
Little Bird

Post by hunkswithguns »

Chomping at the bit to hear the hidden track! My record player is fully auto. :(
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Someone posted it the other night on the what's spinning Facebook group, groovy litte track.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

So I was just listening to it, does it have a title that we know of? It's only about 30 seconds long (felt about that long, anyway) and instrumental, sounds to me like something they were working on that may surface on the next album. Or not.
hunkswithguns
Little Bird

Post by hunkswithguns »

That's awesome! Anyone feel like sending it via PM? :D
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

The third technique video is up, this one from Dean. To me, the live performance seems sloppy. The technique he discusses doesn't mesh well with the song and feels clunky.

I listened to the full album on the way to work today. I kept thinking of the tracks I hadn't heard or heard little of "this has some great potential" but then it never seemed to deliver. I was really excited for Mile Markers from the snippet on SoC but listening to the full track left me disappointed, specifically with the chorus. Three Dollar Hat isn't really in my wheelhouse. And Impossible Winner....WTF? This is a DW song? Sounds like it should be over the closing credits of a documentary about American Idol or something. Cop and Go is the best of the songs I hadn't really heard to date. Some good songs, but I wasn't floored this time around. Not saying it's not well written or anything bad, just my personal experience with the music.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

rsimms3 wrote:The third technique video is up, this one from Dean. To me, the live performance seems sloppy. The technique he discusses doesn't mesh well with the song and feels clunky.

I listened to the full album on the way to work today. I kept thinking of the tracks I hadn't heard or heard little of "this has some great potential" but then it never seemed to deliver. I was really excited for Mile Markers from the snippet on SoC but listening to the full track left me disappointed, specifically with the chorus. Three Dollar Hat isn't really in my wheelhouse. And Impossible Winner....WTF? This is a DW song? Sounds like it should be over the closing credits of a documentary about American Idol or something. Cop and Go is the best of the songs I hadn't really heard to date. Some good songs, but I wasn't floored this time around. Not saying it's not well written or anything bad, just my personal experience with the music.
Jack referred to IW as "the best song Alison has ever written." :?
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

It's a really great song, but a DW song? I like it like I like "The Last Goodbye". Maybe a little better. It just feels like this big closing song to a movie about the underdog overcoming adversity to save the Rec Center and gets their own show on Broadway with their name up in lights..... It's just bizarre at the end of the album with a bunch of fuzz guitar. It's got strings....STRINGS in it. You can NOT say you didn't go WTF when this song came on.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

rsimms3 wrote:It's a really great song, but a DW song? I like it like I like "The Last Goodbye". Maybe a little better. It just feels like this big closing song to a movie about the underdog overcoming adversity to save the Rec Center and gets their own show on Broadway with their name up in lights..... It's just bizarre at the end of the album with a bunch of fuzz guitar. It's got strings....STRINGS in it. You can NOT say you didn't go WTF when this song came on.
Agree 100%. I really dig the track, but it doesn't fit the record. I actually made that comment to Dean at the listening party, though I tried not to sound critical. LOL!
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

It's a great song but it reminds me more of the songs she did for the Sons of Anarchy soundtrack not necessarily DW, I was like wtf but in a good way

Allison should do a SOLO LP ! She has a great voice
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Jack Horner
Little Bird

Post by Jack Horner »

It sounds like a James Bond theme.
Meg is my favourite.
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

Sorry. Was to quick!
Last edited by profsteenmarter on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

profsteenmarter wrote:Just noticed that Mile Marker is the "hidden track" on sea of cowards!
No, really? We didn't notice that yet.

rsimms3 wrote: I was really excited for Mile Markers from the snippet on SoC but listening to the full track left me disappointed, specifically with the chorus.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Pulled the batteries out of the screamer jacket today. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Bend a couple small tabs that hold the battery in place, slide them out, and no more corrosion worries.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

LOL! I haven't really seen anyone talk about the singles compared to the LP. How about this comparison.... To the left of the yellow dotted line is the graphical representation of the single "I Feel Love..." and the right side is the same song off the LP. Same rig, same settings. That single is damn loud!