Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Bullet holes and photo booths
User avatar
flattop2001
Little Ghost
Posts: 2616
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by flattop2001 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Picked up a copy from my local record store today.
The b side is awesome, did not think it would stand up against the live version but I think it is one of the few tracks the DW have managed to capture on vinyl that is better than live. IMHO.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.

User avatar
flattop2001
Little Ghost
Posts: 2616
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by flattop2001 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:24 am

Went to TMR yesterday to pick this up with the DVD. Picure quality is excellent as expected, it is a DVD-R with printed label in a photocopied sleeve cant complain for free I suppose. They were also allowing people to buy 2 each so wont be surprised to see a lot on eBay.

They had a few sets of pins which I was missing the two 2004 sets here;

http://www.whitestripes.com/archive/archive.html

and the larger badge 2002 set with the Jack/Meg hearts and a cartoon type picture that I hadn't seen before.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.

User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
Posts: 5523
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by trickster » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:17 pm

US promo
Image
Image
Image
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426

User avatar
shaneoftheroad
Little People
Posts: 4869
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Owensboro, KY

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by shaneoftheroad » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:24 am

Once again White Swirl comes through. I picked up a sealed I Cut Like A Buffalo from my local and it had the DVD inside. I had no clue it existed. So I think to myself, I should search Swirl and see what comes up. Boom. I love this place.

Image

User avatar
love_islander
Little People
Posts: 4643
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by love_islander » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:14 am

That's great you picked it up for a normal price. I've bought/sold this a few times in the past in the $60-80 range. Can't imagine it gets that these days though. I think this was a 100-only item since TMR005 was already a tri for this effectively.

User avatar
shaneoftheroad
Little People
Posts: 4869
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Owensboro, KY

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by shaneoftheroad » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 am

love_islander wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:14 am
That's great you picked it up for a normal price. I've bought/sold this a few times in the past in the $60-80 range. Can't imagine it gets that these days though. I think this was a 100-only item since TMR005 was already a tri for this effectively.
Everything has gone down in value. I blame Facebook. I mean, if White Swirl wasn't still around there's no way I would know anything about this release. If people don't know about releases or the history of releases, it brings desirability way, way down. If this place is ever in danger of being shut down, I hope they warn us so we can save it. It's an invaluable resource for Third Man history and collecting.

User avatar
Jamie
Little Ghost
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:42 am
Location: UK

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by Jamie » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:53 pm

That Facebook group is only interested in Vault releases or things released in the last 3 weeks, and seem to think they're the only releases of any value.

User avatar
shaneoftheroad
Little People
Posts: 4869
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Owensboro, KY

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by shaneoftheroad » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:05 pm

Jamie wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:53 pm
That Facebook group is only interested in Vault releases or things released in the last 3 weeks, and seem to think they're the only releases of any value.
When I finally procured my Live in Las Vegas there were scores of members there who didn't know what it was. I mean, it's a valuable group in many ways. I don't wanna knock it too hard. I get most of my heads-up for sales and such there, for instance. But you can't replace these forums in terms of history and appreciation.

User avatar
benyo
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:44 am

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by benyo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:35 am

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 am
love_islander wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:14 am
That's great you picked it up for a normal price. I've bought/sold this a few times in the past in the $60-80 range. Can't imagine it gets that these days though. I think this was a 100-only item since TMR005 was already a tri for this effectively.
Everything has gone down in value. I blame Facebook. I mean, if White Swirl wasn't still around there's no way I would know anything about this release. If people don't know about releases or the history of releases, it brings desirability way, way down. If this place is ever in danger of being shut down, I hope they warn us so we can save it. It's an invaluable resource for Third Man history and collecting.
+1
Thats so true. Even, if there are some times you don't visit that frequently, you know that when you do, you find everything here you want to know (or some person will know, if you ask)
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White

User avatar
dylnfan
Little Ghost
Posts: 3054
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by dylnfan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:28 am

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 am
If this place is ever in danger of being shut down, I hope they warn us so we can save it. It's an invaluable resource for Third Man history and collecting.
:clap:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo

User avatar
anonymousbrunette
Little People
Posts: 3796
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:01 am
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by anonymousbrunette » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Then perhaps this is a good time to remind people that Ian still pays the bills largely by himself around here... Feel free to kick in here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1584

He also does housekeeping. To give you an idea of what goes on behind the scenes the board is due for another update and there are over 1400 spam posts that currently need deleting/banning.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org

User avatar
higherlimits
Little People
Posts: 4067
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Single: I Cut Like A Buffalo - new edition

Post by higherlimits » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:49 pm

Thanks for the note guys, good to know you want me to keep renewing!

Post Reply