voodoo fest

Post by elduderino »

no reviews of last night's show?
he is everything i hate...
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: voodoo fest

Post by Aquamarine »

Well, there's this one from the Times-Picayune http://www.nola.com/voodoofest/index.ss ... _vood.html

And I know I wasn't the only one there, because there were thousands of us. Here' the setlist from rag-and-bone over at the LR, for instance:

Consoler
hands
level
old enough
top yourself
you don't understand me
many shades of black
switch and the spur
together
intimate secretary
broken boy soldier
rich kid blues
blue veins

encore:
salute your solution
steady as she goes
carolina drama

My own impression (the only other time I've seen the Racs was at MI-Fest) was that it was a bit rusty at first, with a few missed cues, etc., but then caught fire, and Blue Veins just blew my head off--began with a long Jack solo, then into the song, then an even more intense solo. Just awesome. Mark instead of Dean, which mostly made a difference in that the fiddle on Old Enough really adds a dimension to the song. Band seemed to be having fun, and seemed to enjoy the crowd--it was definitely mutual, people going crazy where I was (right in the middle on the rail).

Btw, for those at MI-Fest--hardly any lines for the RRS at all. Thus they seemed to have stuff left over from the previous days' specials (like the Seasick Steve split).
Last edited by Aquamarine on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I'm thinking they brought a bunch of that merch back to Nashville with them and it'll be showing up in the store tomorrow.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

You're probably right. And I know that the RRS is already on the road (if it hasn't arrived) because it left the hotel about thirty seconds before me. :D
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

anone grab any extras from the RRS please pm me...have some thing to trade.
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:I'm thinking they brought a bunch of that merch back to Nashville with them and it'll be showing up in the store tomorrow.
I was there on Tuesday and didn't see anything exciting, unless they had it all tucked away somewhere. The cases were even much emptier than I've seen in the past.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:I'm thinking they brought a bunch of that merch back to Nashville with them and it'll be showing up in the store tomorrow.
I was there on Tuesday and didn't see anything exciting, unless they had it all tucked away somewhere. The cases were even much emptier than I've seen in the past.
:(
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I suppose it's possible they haven't unpacked them yet or something. I definitely don't think they sold a lot over the weekend, and some of Saturday's specials were still available on Sunday, for instance.