2011 Tour setlists

Rac-on-tours
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Re: 2011 Tour setlists

Post by richardcosta »

on the very first tour Bang Bang was the face melter for me. JW would get quite spastic on that one...to bad it's not on the set list anymore.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

They seem to have dropped all the covers--for now, anyway. Too bad, I was hoping for Keep It Clean.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

no one has the setlist for michigan?
he is everything i hate...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

elduderino wrote:no one has the setlist for michigan?
There have been various lists floating around, I'll get you one by the end of the day. ;-)
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Here's Michigan:

Consoler
Salute Your Solution
You Don't Understand Me
Top Yourself
Old Enough
Level
Many Shades of Black
Intimate Secretary
Switch and the Spur
BBS
Blue Veins

Steady As She Goes
Hands
Carolina Drama

I can never remember the set order from any show I see, but fortunately this guy has a better memory-- http://dylanomaniac.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ional.html BBS was the highlight of this show for me, but the band really was on fire through the whole thing. This person got some really terrific video-- http://youtu.be/_Mq9UScRF_U (How the heck do you post videos here??)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

That part in BBS when Jack hops around in circles was the greatest moment of the night for me :) , especially coming at the end of a song he's poured everything into while playing with a broken string. That was the only downside--he did have annoying equipment problems.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yeah, the circle dance was the best :D As usual, though, he didn't seem to be fazed by any of the technical issues that cropped up.

Oh, and speaking of Blue Veins... Michigan wasn't quite a face melter guitar-wise, but Jack stretched himself a bit vocally. At the very end, instead of screaming "Don't mean nothin'...", he belted it out in a way I've not heard him do before (starting at around 7:50). The man can fucking sing--

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I really enjoyed the Michigan fest. Great Vibe, easy getting in and out, just the right size crowd, beautiful weather, got to meet Kali, so got to put another face with a name :D The Raconteurs seemed to be enjoying themselves, funkn great performance.

That's some great quality video.

Can't wait until Atlanta!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Kali Durga wrote:Yeah, the circle dance was the best :D As usual, though, he didn't seem to be fazed by any of the technical issues that cropped up.

Oh, and speaking of Blue Veins... Michigan wasn't quite a face melter guitar-wise, but Jack stretched himself a bit vocally. At the very end, instead of screaming "Don't mean nothin'...", he belted it out in a way I've not heard him do before (starting at around 7:50). The man can fucking sing--

(...remembering his facial expressions et al from that night)
MI was the first time I've had to see Jack live in person (not on video, etc.), and I have to say, he is one dramatic dude. I think if it were anyone else acting to melodramatic, I would be turned off big time, but for him it works.

And I'm definitely a fan of Blue Veins live. Not sure it was my favorite of the evening, but fantastic just the same.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Alabama Woody wrote:I really enjoyed the Michigan fest. Great Vibe, easy getting in and out, just the right size crowd, beautiful weather, got to meet Kali, so got to put another face with a name :D The Raconteurs seemed to be enjoying themselves, funkn great performance.

That's some great quality video.

Can't wait until Atlanta!
You keep forgetting that you got to meet me, too (little woman? with Kali?). Less of a thrill, I know.

I'm going to be in Atlanta, too, and New Orleans, but meeting me isn't obligatory. :lol:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

mojoryan wrote:(...remembering his facial expressions et al from that night)
MI was the first time I've had to see Jack live in person (not on video, etc.), and I have to say, he is one dramatic dude. I think if it were anyone else acting to melodramatic, I would be turned off big time, but for him it works.

And I'm definitely a fan of Blue Veins live. Not sure it was my favorite of the evening, but fantastic just the same.
How did I not know you were at MI-Fest?? I would have loved to have met you. And, yeah, I agree about the dramatics. Without them, it wouldn't be Jack and wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting.

36 days till Atlanta...
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Kali Durga wrote:

How did I not know you were at MI-Fest?? I would have loved to have met you. And, yeah, I agree about the dramatics. Without them, it wouldn't be Jack and wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting.

36 days till Atlanta...
and, mojo and I were there together.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

And next time I will make sure to tell you to call me instead of texting. Damned cheap phone...
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Kali Durga wrote:

36 days till Atlanta...
Likewise, I would have liked to have met you. I have yet to meet a swirler I didn't like.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

But then, you would have had to meet me, and . . .

I feel like the invisible woman. This next Vault package is going to be right up my alley. :D