The Raconteurs @Third Man Live [Sept. 14, 2011]

Rac-on-tours
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Re: The Raconteurs @Third Man Live [Sept. 14, 2011]

Post by texascyclone »

I was gonna come but I didnt want to knock anyone out of tickets that would be unswirly. Have fun Kid see next time ;)
jamesa615
Little Bird

Post by jamesa615 »

In line with a hope and a prayer.....hoping the guy will talk to himself somewhere else.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

this is the homeless guy that talks to himself. Sorry it's sideways.

Another just came up and was singing an awful song he wrote. It involved n***ers getting in bed with his wife.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Pretty sure there are more than 40 here at this point. I guess if you get here now you just wait 4hrs and hope everyone doesnt buy 2 tickets.
Possibly some of the people who buy 2 tickets will then turn around and sell them for more $$$ to the disappointed people at the end of the line.

Good luck y'all, anyway.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Wow, this is some good shit! Just goes to show that life is ALWAYS stranger than fiction. So, is the homeless man in line or just hanging with you guys because you are so nice?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
jamesa615
Little Bird

Post by jamesa615 »

rsimms3 wrote:Wow, this is some good shit! Just goes to show that life is ALWAYS stranger than fiction. So, is the homeless man in line or just hanging with you guys because you are so nice?
He's left....for now. Polly chasing the rabbit down a hole.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

First he stuck around because people gave him a cigarette and then just sits around talking to himself or at people even if its obvious that they are ignoring him.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

It's always an interesting dynamic depending on the person approaching people in a line. I went to see a show at the Electric Factory years ago and while standing in line a local came up to provide his version of "the beg". When I say "the beg", I mean that persons version of trying to panhandle. It used to be you just sat on a corner with a sign asking for money or asking for food hoping people would give you money, then it turned into a story about traveling from out of town and running out of gas needing a few dollars to get to their destination. This guy was different though. He actually put on a little show for the line. He told some jokes, juggled a little, played his harmonica a little, and just was an interesting guy. At the end, he went up the line asking that folks pay what they thought the entertainment was worth. Interesting angle. Personally, I'm more inclined to give someone something if they provide something in return, other than their outstretched hand.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Oy. Some really wacky stuff!
When I was in line for the VLR I had a fella in front of me that slept on couch cushions for hours despite the light and hoopla going on around him. Much to my surprise, once the line started moving and he was on his feet, he struck up a convo regarding my bee tattoo which he had a bird's eye view of on my ankle (from the cushions)--and he was amazingly coherent and well informed about bees and other stuff too. Def not a crazy, just someone downandout. I felt like a judgemental asshole--because in my head, I had been.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

One of these days, I really, really want to camp out at TMR. Next time they announce something at a time when I can swing a day or two off from work, I'm gonna have to fly down there and do it. Even if it's for a release or an event that I don't give a rat's ass about. I just want the experience. It sounds like such fun.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

LaurieAK wrote:Oy. Some really wacky stuff!
When I was in line for the VLR I had a fella in front of me that slept on couch cushions for hours despite the light and hoopla going on around him. Much to my surprise, once the line started moving and he was on his feet, he struck up a convo regarding my bee tattoo which he had a bird's eye view of on my ankle (from the cushions)--and he was amazingly coherent and well informed about bees and other stuff too. Def not a crazy, just someone downandout. I felt like a judgemental asshole--because in my head, I had been.
hey, laurie - not trying to be nosy, but how many times do you make it down to music city from the land of palin? that's quite a trip.
he is everything i hate...
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

elduderino wrote:
LaurieAK wrote:Oy. Some really wacky stuff!
hey, laurie - not trying to be nosy, but how many times do you make it down to music city from the land of palin? that's quite a trip.
Me being there a few weeks ago was totally random (it is a long ass trip!) after i got back from Vegas end of July I wanted to get the hell outta Dodge again and really like Nashville...didn't go there just because of the vlr release. Before that, most recently I was there last October. I was there for the May 2010 soc tmr concert AND got one of Jack's drumsticks he tossed out 8-) Before that my first time there was Nov 09, I had a Leonard Cohen ticket at the tpac. I really do love that town--has great ambiance. TMI? hehe
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

So who was in line? Did you get tickets? How many people got turned away? Hobos buying tickets? Friends butting in line? Families haveing their kids buy tickets?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Stl_ben wrote:So who was in line? Did you get tickets? How many people got turned away? Hobos buying tickets? Friends butting in line? Families haveing their kids buy tickets?
No, unfortunately we couldn't make it. Wouldn't have helped anyone out besides ourselves in this case anyway; The Racs are our favorite Jack band. Those babies would have stayed in the family.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Stl_ben wrote:So who was in line? Did you get tickets? How many people got turned away? Hobos buying tickets? Friends butting in line? Families haveing their kids buy tickets?
Not a lot of regulars. Yes. Probably about 20-30 people. No. No. No.