Raconteurs @ The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA Nov. 13th 2011

Rac-on-tours
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: Raconteurs @ The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA Nov. 13th 2011

Post by Aquamarine »

hsp88 wrote:
achouza wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:I wondered if he was giving the guitar to the people over there with a poster they'd spent most of the afternoon making, with drawings of the band on it--they were right in that spot, and were displaying the poster at one point.
did anybody make out what the poster said?
ya they were standing right in front / to the side of me. it had a drawing of each of the racs looking like zombies and it said "your making me hungry". it was weird lol i didn't really get it but it may be the reason i got a handful of copper so ill take it.
It showed them feeding on the brains of the people in the picture, a guy and his wife. A couple of women spent hours making it. Atlanta is big on zombies, apparently!
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

TommyLittle wrote:Eddie Vedder gave one of my friends his Harmonica at a Pearl Jam show.
I was at a Killers show and Brandon Flowers gave his keyboard to someone and they got to take it home.
I know those are not Jack's Triple Jet but still cool for Eddie and Brandon to give away an instrument at a show.
Most of the time the roadies won't even give out the set list after a Racs show.
Eddie give his harmonica away every time they play smile...Your friend is lucky because usually he only give it to someone who brought their "too-young-to-be-there" child. The sad thing is, I think some pearl jam fans bring said children for a shot at this.

Eddie also goes through about a dozen tambourines during Rockin In The Free World...same thing, 4-5 year olds get them. Parents wake their kids up from the reserved seating and put them on their shoulders in hopes of getting one. Pathetic.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

redsox401 wrote:Only vid i could find so far go to 7:40ish

hsp88 wrote:I don't think so, he gave the guitar to the crowd after he killed blue veins I took it as him basically saying here take everything I have to give. He wasn't getting rid of the guitar I helped push it back to the roadie it was cool to have in my hand for a moment that's for sure. And at the end of the show jack said see you all soon, they loved last night
you hear the people in the vid say "holy shit! you f*cking kidding me!" as jack handed the guitar to the crowd? haha... marvelous.
he is everything i hate...
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

btw does anyone have the set list, i didn't keep track of it. i was to caught up in the moment but would like to compare my memory of it to what it actually was.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

From setlist.fm--I'm always too in the moment to write these things down!

Consoler Of The Lonely
Hands
Level
Old Enough
Top Yourself
You Don't Understand Me
Many Shades of Black
The Switch and The Spur
Intimate Secretary
Broken Boy Soldier
Rich Kid Blues
Blue Veins

Encore:
Salute Your Solution
Steady, As She Goes
Carolina Drama
Last edited by Aquamarine on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Why did they put a comma in Steady As She Goes?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I've seen it that way quite often--if you google it, you get quite a few hits. Doesn't make any sense, of course.

What does "steady as she goes" mean?
It is a instruction from the captain to the helmsman of a ship, to keep the ship heading steadily on the same course regardless of gusts of wind or cross-currents.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Silly people.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Kali Durga wrote:Silly people.
you mean "Silly, people."
he is everything i hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Thank, you for clarifying for, me.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Aquamarine wrote:From setlist.fm--I'm always too in the moment to write these things down!

Consoler Of The Lonely
Hands
Level
Old Enough
Top Yourself
You Don't Understand Me
Many Shades of Black
The Switch and The Spur
Intimate Secretary
Broken Boy Soldier
Rich Kid Blues
Blue Veins

Encore:
Salute Your Solution
Steady, As She Goes
Carolina Drama

ummm the order of this may not be 100% accurate, i actually put this into setlist.fm, but I think i got some order wrong,, if anybody remembers differently please let me know and i can update it
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

It actually sounds right to me, except that you included Together which I went back and deleted--we heard them soundcheck it, but they didn't do it at the show, for some reason.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Aquamarine wrote:It actually sounds right to me, except that you included Together which I went back and deleted--we heard them soundcheck it, but they didn't do it at the show, for some reason.
ya i heard them sound checking together but defiantly not played during the show
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

I see me :D
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine and I are in the bottom left-hand corner about half-way through, clutching each other and going "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED????"